Discuss things i have never bought in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
i have to say i have never in my life purchased a float for a ball valve as cheap as they are.

is there anything you guys have never had to purchase but always seem to have?

I have loads of yorkshire solder ring fittings in the van, but always buy endfeed

Ball valves dont have floats! - Float valves have floats, and yes I have never bought a plastic one, though I have had to get the odd copper one.

WC syphon (lever type)

Washbasin brackets

flange nuts or tap backnuts

never brought a roll of solder or tub of flux..... but im running low of required stock and will have to start soon.

Rubber bungs from new boilers. Great for plugging in tanks saving on drain down if there's no isolation or it's stiff

I have never bought rubber/fibre washers. When I got my first van once qualified the previous bloke left this MASSIVE box in the back it was full of washers. I must have literally tens of thousands of each in all different sizes.

I have never bought a pipe bender ,yet I have three,have always had them given me for some reason,bought loads of formers though,have even got a nice shinny chrome one that does small bore,never used

Did not use a lot as fittings cheap but now going back up again,have got the benders out and dusted off,now do not know why I did not always use !

Oh and never bought a round in the arms yet,my rounds after gas man,so never will !!

:crazy::shocked::wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to things i have never bought in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back