Discuss Super Saturday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tamz

Now i'm not one who has been drawn into the Olympics hype, i don't particularly like sports of any kind but i've spent the day watching some guys and girls giving their all and reaping a truly fantastic haul of medals.
I'd just like to thank them for making my Saturday super.
They truly are a credit to their sports.

For Bod.

If Yorkshire was a country, they would be 7th in the medal table. How good is that :smile:

I didn't see any patels , which reminds me of a cricket game I went to a few year back think it was in the press , every player on one team was a Patel lol non related either.

There the fastest because it's that cold round here sometimes the rush to get back into a warm room

Have you also noticed that all the athletes interviewed are really nice thoughtful people, unlike our footballers. I just hope that more of todays kids accept our athletes as role-models from an attitude point of view as well as the sport.

Have you also noticed that all the athletes interviewed are really nice thoughtful people, unlike our footballers. I just hope that more of todays kids accept our athletes as role-models from an attitude point of view as well as the sport.

Agree - Most of what I've heard from politicians and other so call TV celebs about what the Olympics will do for Britain has been total BS, but your hope for some positive spin-off seems realistic and sound.

If the Government had spent just 5% of the small fortune that has been blown on the Olympics on training young people that would have had a very positive influence too, not just on the youth of today, but also on the future of this country

The fact that the Olympics has provided two weeks of Nationalistic fever, and been a big boost for the career of Boris Johnson, does nothing at all for me.

I find it ironic that most of our Olympians are private school educated and this is deemed unfair on the state school sector.

This ain't the ironic part though. Football is often ignored by the same private schools but the sport has millions and millions pumped into it.

The result? Loads of gold medals in the minority sports and another failed penalty shoot out by the soccer team.

What's the problem?
Private school kids have the work and achievement ethic, many state school kids have no parental guidance or role model ethics.
I came from council house stock, made and lost serious money but it doesn't stop me trying my best both for me and others.

They did try football in public schools, but the idiots kept picking up the ball and running with it!

No wonder their parents have to spend so much money on getting these posh kids educated!

They did try football in public schools, but the idiots kept picking up the ball and running with it!

No wonder their parents have to spend so much money on getting these posh kids educated!

just the same but played by men with funny shaped balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Super Saturday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock