Currently reading:
Stubby stack question

Discuss Stubby stack question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Guys,

i will be honest and say I have only very limited knowledge on underground drainage and the only time I did it a lot was in college back in the day.

I am trying to bail out a builder friend of mine who has inherited a nightmare job from a cowboy whose horse wants shooting.

Basically he is dealing with a small extension and knocking a kitchen through into a dining room in order to create a large open plan room. As part of this we have decommissioned an old outside toilet and cut back and capped the old clay pipe as it's now redundant. we also removed a stink pipe going full height of the property. The new drainage pipework will now only be dealing with a kitchen sink and a dishwasher and will be at the end of the run. Can I get away with a stubby stack on this or am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:
Is there another vented stack connected to the drainage?

On the far side of the house serving the bathroom

is there an upstairs loo ? if so whats that connected to vent wise

is there an upstairs loo ? if so whats that connected to vent wise

The upstairs loo is in the far corner of the house being served from another stack. The part I'm looking at will literally be servicing the kitchen sink and washing machine

I think as long as you have one vented stack connected to the same drainage run then you will be fine with a stub stack with an AAV fitted on it.

Cool. It sounded reasonable to me. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stubby stack question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back