Currently reading:
Sky up again

Discuss Sky up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Skys off up again , and jonnys on an economy drive lol

what do you guys use for tv, phone , broadband etc

cheers in advance

I watch free sky, use tablet 4g for Internet/ credit card. Basic mobile phone for voice / text. £25 per month.

Just phone them and say you want to leave and they will give you a discount for 3 months. Then every 3 months phone them up again.

Get an Amazon Fire stick with kodi on for tv, sport, film etc, about £60 on eBay it's pretty gd then you can ditch sky....

I've had this argument today with Kate. We've got sky mainly for the sport. But I rarely watch the football at weekends because the kids keep me too busy. And most games are now BT sport. I love the boxing but any decent fights are now PPV. We normally watch bbc or itv till 9.30 and then go to bed!
I'm ditching it and getting freeview.

All the footballs on the kodi, including 3pm kick offs, champion league, uafa etc, new films....

fed up with sky broadband, goes dicky from 11;30-2am every night and only getting 4.5mb download!!

Cheers to all so far ... Is kodi a one off payment . Numpty question now , can you watch it via a smart tv, or does it have to be off a pc / lap top etc .

Roku stick is the same sort of thing, also the chrome cast is pretty good....

sky gone, kept box to avoid welsh news, freeview tv on old tv antennae, broadband on tiscalli, be changing again soon and cheap mobile contract

Cheers to all so far ... Is kodi a one off payment . Numpty question now , can you watch it via a smart tv, or does it have to be off a pc / lap top etc .

Kodi is 100% free. You can stick it on an Amazon firestick or buy an android box with it pre installed.
Watch this
[video=youtube;8YlW4cyrIaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YlW4cyrIaw[/video]

Get an Amazon Fire stick with kodi on for tv, sport, film etc, about £60 on eBay it's pretty gd then you can ditch sky....

Can you tell me a bit more about this Clarky? only today i was thinking of ditching virgin as i feel im being ripped off!

Can i watch all the progs and sport etc with this? What else do you know about it

You only need a firestick or android box to watch it on a telly. Any telly with an hdmi plug on it.
If you download it to your laptop, tablet pc or even your phone you can watch it from there without any other box or gizmo. Get a chromecast stick and you can stream it to the telly.
Lots of ways to do it.

good grief thats more involved than commissioning a vaillant or Wb boiler :) only a 4 year old could do that

For football I use castaway, njm soccer, Phoenix, better than spending money following the Toon but just as depressing...

Can you tell me a bit more about this Clarky? only today i was thinking of ditching virgin as i feel im being ripped off!

Can i watch all the progs and sport etc with this? What else do you know about it

If it is being broadcast anywhere in the world you can watch it for free. Any tv program, any sports, any film tv series you can think of.
Live tv has about a 30 second time lag which you won't notice.

Had mine since Xmas, got it off eBay, once you've had it a couple of days you get used to navigating around the thing.....I even downloaded castaway on it on my own!!!!
Kodi tips on Twitter is gd to following as is Mjd who has a good website called Seo-Michael.co.uk

If you want to see what it is like, download it onto your pc or laptop here
[DLMURL]https://kodi.tv/download/[/DLMURL]
Then follow the instructions and install a couple of things from here which will set up the basics for you
[DLMURL]https://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/[/DLMURL]
Then figure out the rest. It will all be there you just need to play around with it and find them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freeview and for entertainment netflix.
Used to have sky and think its great but far far to expensive.

which is better fire stick or mxq box please or are they very much the same ta muchly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sky up again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock