Search the forum,

Discuss Salamander CT60 BU stop/start issues in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Having an issue with a CT60 BU.

Warranty ran out end of 2019 so it’s not an old pump. Everything has been fine up until 3 weeks ago as out of the blue when the main shower is turned on the pump starts but then stops twice and then works with no issues.

I checked the pressure and it was at 17 PSI (recommended is 28 PSI) so pumped it up and then the shower got worse. It would stop/start 4 times and then kick in as normal.

Simultaneously turned the ensuite shower on and main shower and the pump only turned off/on twice.

Turned off pump, closed both hot & cold valves and ran the shower for several minutes. Did this on both the main bathroom shower and the ensuite. Reopened feeds turned pump back on and 4 stop/starts.

Turned off pump, closed both feeds and took hoses off and cleaned the filters as there were little fragments of dirt. Reconnected hoses and this time turned both showers to cold to flush out any airlocks, then did the same both on hot. Reopened feeds and pump back on and same issue.

This time turned both showers to cold with feeds open and pump on and no issues at all. Pump didn’t turn off. Turned to full hot on both and stop/start 4 times. Started both showers on full cold and then gradually introduced hot and stop/start twice so appears there is an issue with the hot feed.

What I have noticed that after all of above it is now stop/start by 5 in quick secession whereas before it was 4! So from the original trouble shooting of twice stop/start it has now increased to 5!

On all occasions when removing the hoses the PSI drops to about 3 and I pump back up to 28 PSI.

Disconnected the inlet hoses and put them in a bucket and turned each one on separately and flushed the pipes through.

What I haven’t done is swapped the cold/hot feed over but is that worth doing from everything I have covered above?

Previous Salamander pump lasted for about 10 years (found the receipt from previous home owner) and I’m not sure why this would suddenly start when nothing I am aware of has changed. Appreciate water pressure can change but running out of tests apart from swapping feeds. I've read the other posts on here and noticed someone had the issue with the pump turning on randomly when the showers weren't in use - I fixed that issue as that started a few months after it was installed.
Thanks all.

Reply to Salamander CT60 BU stop/start issues in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock