Discuss risk assessment and method statements?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickqc

I have to provide a risk assessment and method statement for some work i have quoted for.
can anyone give any help with this, courses or software i can use to help me write ours.
thanks for help

Hse website gives guidance of how to do risk assessments

Method statements are available online. Just describe what your going to do

By reading other method statements it will give you a good scope of what you have to cover

thanks
i have been looking and reading all week end.
i have purchased a cd rom that does alot of the work after you have input your data.
maybe jumped the gun a bit.
i may go on a 1 day course if i can fit it in.

I have done the IOSH Managing safely course its 4 days though

The thing is you spend hours sweating over the paperwork for RA and MS and unless the proverbial hits the fan no one is ever going to read it Some one checks its there and files it away just incase

Don't just put safety stuff in the risk assessment, but assess and put steps in to protect damage or loss i.e. the customer's property oir theft too - could be useful if there is a claim.

Like an insurance risk assessment which doesnt just cover safety

eg

Risk - dirty radiator water damaging customers carpets

Action - roll back carpet, dust sheets and spare towels

hello mate did you do a risk assesment and method statement for the job you were doing its just that i have been asked to do one could you put it up so i can have a look cheers Ray

I found some software from a site called HandsHQ - I get my risk assessments done in about 5 mins with them and I'm really not tech savvy.

Let me know if this helps.

Generic CDs and software are rubbish. You haven't assessed anything or given any thought to it. I used to review and correct them for subcontractors when I worked for a main contractor. A risk assessment and method statement should be

Concise

Relevant

Read

Understood

Reviewed and updated.

Generic CDs and software are rubbish. You haven't assessed anything or given any thought to it. I used to review and correct them for subcontractors when I worked for a main contractor. A risk assessment and method statement should be

Concise

Relevant

Read

Understood

Reviewed and updated.

and then ignored so you can actually get on with the job :nono:

Not at all. If they are good and well written make your job easier and safer. It's pricks that just wright crap and idiots onsite who read them and agree to it. If it's not practical or fit for purpose speak to the author and suggest a revision. It's tree to keep you alive and if it's wrong what's the point? Really grinds on me when u just sign it all at inductions. I've done thousands if site inductions and u all look blankly when ur asked about ra

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to risk assessment and method statements?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock