Discuss Review: Irwin Mini Hacksaw 24Tpi 12" (250mm) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use a stanley.
Run it down tight on one side and cut off the 5mm that goes in the rebate and if it is rebated into a top rail cut that too and if rebated into the bottom cut that. Then knock the back out to break it off the staples or screws that are holding the bottom on (if it is rebated you have cut it) then lift it out.
Do what you need to do then screw 2 fillets onto the sides then another fillet jambed tight on the bottom. Trim the back board to suit then refit it held with a couple of screws (use screw caps if it turns you on). A smear of white silicon around will fill any bad cuts.

Simples.

Hammer.

Then blame the custard for employing stupid kitchen fitters in the first place!

I spent more time dismantling and rebuilding a cupboard built round a boiler today than I did replacing and settingup the gas valve.

And THEN I had to drive on to Londonderry to take the keys back and get paperwork signed!

Beertime!

Hammer.

Then blame the custard for employing stupid kitchen fitters in the first place!

I spent more time dismantling and rebuilding a cupboard built round a boiler today than I did replacing and settingup the gas valve.

And THEN I had to drive on to Londonderry to take the keys back and get paperwork signed!

Beertime!

I didn't get to do ANY plumbing today, that's what a ball-ache it was.

i tend to smash the backs out of cupboards rather than cut round stuff the put a false back up with a couple of batten either side

$T2eC16N,!zUE9s389y3-BQq3(LIk2Q~~60_1.JPG
would this be any good?? It is a Boa Versa saw, the blade is attached at hand, and slides out the front when you push the handle forward, and a spring returns the handle back??

$T2eC16N,!zUE9s389y3-BQq3(LIk2Q~~60_1.JPG
would this be any good?? It is a Boa Versa saw, the blade is attached at hand, and slides out the front when you push the handle forward, and a spring returns the handle back??

Hmmm, quite possibly. Cheers.

Checking a promo vid out now... BOA Versa Saw - YouTube

Last edited:
Hmmm, quite possibly. Cheers.

My old man got me one, best part of 9 yrs ago, I think I only have used it once, reading this thread, made me go and find it in the shed to see if I still had it. I used it on removing a set of mono sink mixers where the tails were to close to get a slice on, did the job nicely.

My old man got me one, best part of 9 yrs ago, I think I only have used it once, reading this thread, made me go and find it in the shed to see if I still had it. I used it on removing a set of mono sink mixers where the tails were to close to get a slice on, did the job nicely.

Seems ideal, if not I'm going to invent my own. Thanks again, definitely one to try out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Review: Irwin Mini Hacksaw 24Tpi 12" (250mm) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock