Discuss ratedpeople.com in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ads in local paper no longer work as well as they used too. Know why? It's because fewer people are buying newspapers and even fewer have the money at their disposal to afford the services of a tradesman.

Rated People has worked really well for me, been crap for others but it's the way that you approach it that matters. When you get a lead, the next biggest thing is to be able to sell yourself and your services to the customer.....show why you're better than the other 2 that have put in quotes. Sadly, many find this important and basic aspect of running a business very difficult.

As to Rated People, they are about the most credible out of the lot of these services and genuinely ONLY THREE tradesmen get to bid. My customers are testament of that.

Have you tried checkatrade system? I was of the opinion is probably still regarded as the number 1.
Depends on location really. Rated People are best known because of the heavy advertising on TV they do up here

Ah. Down here every other van has a checkatrade sticker on it.

I've been thinking about it using it for a while because I do mainly small jobs and so would be able to build up feedback quite quickly.

Ah. Down here every other van has a checkatrade sticker on it.

I've been thinking about it using it for a while because I do mainly small jobs and so would be able to build up feedback quite quickly.

My mate has been on check a trade for years, he said it used to be really good but now there are so many people on it its no were near as good, for example if you type in plumber in Bournemouth you get 324 companies come up in the search results. I joined about 2 weeks ago but haven't had anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ratedpeople.com in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back