Discuss rad in conservatory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
does anyone know what the current regs are regarding putting a rad in a conservatory?
Does it just need to be able to be isolated or does it have to be on it's own heating zone etc

cheers

According to this: Planning Portal - Conservatories

A conservatory is exempt from building regulations approval if:

• They are built at ground level and are less than 30 square metres in floor area.
  • The conservatory is separated from the house by external quality walls, doors or windows.
  • There should be an independent heating system with separate temperature and on/off controls.
  • Glazing and any fixed electrical installations comply with the applicable building regulations requirements (see below).

I guess it a matter of interpretation as to whether a separate heating zone with its own stat constitutes an 'independent heating system?...

I guess you're prepared to submit it for building control, you could deviate from the above.

I can honestly say I have never put a rad in a conservatory on a separate zone. And I certainly was not aware that it needed to be done.

All I will suggest is that is that it is a large radiator. I have found many time when asked to fit rads in a conservatory that there is not enough wall space to fit suitable rads to heat the area suitable.
In my honest opinion a conservatory is total pointless without air conditioning as they are to hot in the summer and even with rads to cold in the winter

even with independent controls it is nearly allways impossible to heat a conservatory sufficiently with wet heating/radiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rad in conservatory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back