Discuss Qualify as Green Deal Advisor & Domestic Energy Assessor - £795 plus VAT - 5 evenings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

Our sister company Certifi Training has now received accreditation to offer GDA and DEA courses.

This combined GDA/DEA course is aimed at existing heating engineers - it is not suitable for unqualified entrants.

I don't want to oversell this course - to be honest, we are not sure whether the green deal will the best thing since sliced bread, or a damp squib. My gut feeling is that it will suit some firms more than others. Companies that do lots of installs and/or renewables are likely to benefit more than those that do mostly maintenance, with the odd boiler change. I recommend that you do thorough research, and then decide whether this is for you.

As an experiment, we are planning to run the first course in Portsmouth as 5 evenings, partly to see if evening courses work, and partly because there wasn't a daytime slot available.

I understand that the course content has no fixed practical element, so we don't need to run it in our training facility - we could run it in a small hotel function room. If there is demand for the course elsewhere in the country, we will look at doing this.

Forum members - if you decide to book, don't do it online, otherwise you will pay £995 plus VAT. If you call 0800 088 7445, you will get the call handling service. When a human calls you back, tell them that you saw this post on the UK Plumbers Forum, and you can get it for £795 plus VAT.

Cheers

Ray

PS - please don't ask me loads of technical questions about how the Green Deal works! If you do need help, I will try to get someone more expert than I am to come on the forum and answer. The problem is that everyone who understands it seems to have an axe to grind - that includes me now... :)

Re: Qualify as Green Deal Advisor & Domestic Energy Assessor - £795 plus VAT - 5 even

Hi Ray, are you still running GDA courses?

Re: Qualify as Green Deal Advisor & Domestic Energy Assessor - £795 plus VAT - 5 even

Hi Grasshopper33

We sold our interest in the training company to the management team some time ago now, and I don't keep track of the course offers any more.

However if you visit their website CertifiTraining or ring the number on that website, then I am sure that they will be able to help you.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualify as Green Deal Advisor & Domestic Energy Assessor - £795 plus VAT - 5 evenings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock