Discuss Pressure drop on G4 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello wisemen,

I have a little problem on this installation i went on to do a cp12. i found a pressure drop that was over the permissible limits.
basically its a G4 meter connected to a boiler in 22mm and 15mm to cooker and i found a drop over 4mbar. the pressure kept on dropping slowly over a 3-4 min time. i tested several times on 2 mins to be sure there was an actual drop. after i went over 2 mins to observe the drop.
i also disconnected the appliances and tested the pipework only,we are looking at about 3 metres of pipework run and i still found a drop in the pipework. tested all the joints and fittings with ldf but no leaks! though the pressure kept dropping.

has anyone come across such a situation, i will appreciate your inputs in this matter. Its baffled me and i hope you can help me on this matter.

thanks fellows.

Put a cap on the outlet of the meter and test. If you've still a drop ring National Grid as it's their problem.

Also check your tube just in case.

yes i bubbled aslmost all the joints i could see. i havnt checked the meter alone. Is there a possibility of the meter leaking? if yes from where? just curious to know.
cheers

Check the hose for splits, cracks etc. I got caught out by a split before, wasted about 15 mins before I found it. Now its the first thing I check lol.

Is there a capped off point, e.g. for a gas fire. I had one recently which was leaking very slowly through the plug in the restrictor elbow. Could be stopped by tightening the internal valve in the elbow right down, but in the end capped off completely under floor.

ok thx will keep checking the hose, any other possibilties we looking at leaks in installation?

check if the test point housing is welded or screwed in, if screwed in it could have been disturbed when you unscrewed the test point, as others have said, if you find a drop then test pipe only, next thing is to cap meter outlet and check it, then you know it is on the pipe you need to try to work out the best way to sectionalise (is that a real word) the pipework to trace the drop, have you checked EVERY room and confirmed there are no appliances with pilots on them which are showing up as a leak (i know only an idiot would start tracing for a leak after missing an old fire in an upstairs room), i (i mean a guy i know;)) was gutted/happy when i found the fire and realised there was no leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure drop on G4 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back