Currently reading:
potterton suprima

Discuss potterton suprima in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys just had a friend get in touch he has a potterton suprima atleast 15 years old probably more. He is having an intermittant fault with the pilot light extinguishing. After a bit research i have found this is most likely a pcb fault (common fault apparently). However he has reported that the upstairs rads are getting hot but the down stairs aren't. I believe the down stairs are on droppers as house is a newer build with concrete floors however i havent had a look as i am looking after the kids at the min. I would have expected to find a problem with the pump but as these problems have started at the same time would you expect the pcb to be the fault or just a coincidence. Just throws me that it is still running water around upper part of system. Is there anything else you guys would look for first? thanks in advance.

Could be a sticky pump. Hot water rises, upstairs get hot and downstairs cold. Then the bolier locks out on over heat. The pcb do cause alot of problems aswell.

thanks kozak i did consider that but thought the water is still circulating atleast round part of system and therefore would that not remove the heat from boiler. unless it is allowing water to pass and then sticking. Its worth a try though.

As kozak say's, most likely a pump problem .. Have also known of the overrun on the pcb to turn the pump OFF!

Some more information on boiler would help. The Suprima does not have a pilot!

Could it be a Prima B or some other boiler?

i havent seen the boiler heliotrope so only have as much info as i have given at the moment i have tried getting more info frm him but he isnt very technically minded. He cant even tell me which model suprima it is, not helped by the fact the installer didnt fill in the info tag on the boiler and they dont have the mi's

You only have to fill in info on the data badge on new pcb's, so it will have already had a pcb fitted. The original pcb's had the data badge from the factory.

there is a data tag on the door that opens to the right. Hopefully will get sorted over weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton suprima in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock