Currently reading:
Potterton Suprima 30 continuous red led

Discuss Potterton Suprima 30 continuous red led in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren bastin

Gas Engineer
Hi , any help appreciated. I went to a potterton suprima 30 today, the boiler does nothing, fan does not even run. I have power at the switch live and know that there is a demand , i do not have power from the boiler back to the pump.The pcb fuse has continuity. The boiler only has one led , its red and does not flash.
From this I suspect the pcb. Anything else to check ?

I didnt think there was a combi or system version of the Suprima? All the ones I have seen are heating only, open vented.

Yes these eat boards, have had quite a few where the pump fails and takes the board out with it as well. Wire the pump live into the switched live and check the pump before you change the board.

I didnt think there was a combi or system version of the Suprima? All the ones I have seen are heating only, open vented.
yea think your right, was just checking which type it was have never come across one before.

its just a standard heat only boiler with remote pump. I am assuming that because I dont even get power for the pump ftom the boiler that its brain dead. I think on this boiler if say the o/heat stat had gone the boiler would fail at the gas valve in its sequence. Has anybody had the exact same and if I am not getting power to the pump is there anything else it could be?

I contracted for baxi and we were putting new pcbs on suprimas for fun .
Not a cheap repair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least you know it's got another 6 months in it :santa_cheesy: <<<< to early?

changed the fan 6 months ago that was £180 to buy the fan, might keep a gas valve in the back of the van for it. Its 12 years old should be in the skip

I've got an estate full of them all about 16 years old and regularly changing boards in them, fans I have mostly managed to keep going by cleaning the fins and lubricating the bearings which dry out which seems to be enough to satisfy the APS. No gas valves so far, but we are talking about a suprima!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima 30 continuous red led in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock