Discuss Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

I'll start.

When James Butler "Wild Bill" Hickock was murdered in a Deadwood saloon in 1876, the poker hand he was holding was reputedly two pairs - black aces and black eights, known since the 1920s (nearly 50 years later) as the dead man's hand. History does not record the 5th card.

However, several other combinations of cards have also held that nick-name, including the full houses Jacks and tens and Jacks and sevens. Some of these were recorded between 1876 and the appearance of the Wild Bill legend in the twenties.

Your turn.

The fact must be a) vaguely interesting and b) utterly pointless. Conveying useful information on this thread is very poor form old boy, very poor form.

Toodle pip.

When I was living at the out laws no one used to speak at meal times so I decided to start the useless fact of the day. Everyone had to come up with a true but useless fact if you didn't then you got dishwasher duty.

In 1386 a pig was hanged and executed for the murder of a child.

When we are born were born with 300 bones and when we die we have only 206.

The residents of Hartlepool hung a monkey as they thought it was a French spy in Napoleonic times.

If you count out the letters from numbers starting at 1, you would get to 1 thousand before saying 'a'.

In the US more people are killed by storms/tornadoes with women's names than men's names. They reckon that the yanks take the 1's with ladies names less serious. Don't know how true that is but nothing would surprise me

Peter the Great, Tsar of all the Russians, visited both Holland and England "incognito" in the 1690s - pretending to be a humble shipwright.

He was humoured by both states, who officially pretended to ignore him, whilst actually providing bodyguards, liaison officers etc.

Stewardesses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand,,

We have alot of useless things inside our heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back