Discuss Plume kits?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dylski

hi guys..ive been through my little orange book looking for regs on the max length of a flue, and the regs on plume kits and couldn't find them, so does any one have the answers?

ive been called out to a ID because someones decided to build an outhouse for their kids and have there flue (ferroli boiler) blowing straight into it!! nutters! so it needs to be sorted asap (obviously its capped)..ive also already rang around a few places near me (bham) and no one seems to be stocking ferroli parts any more, wonder why!? haha

Your input is much appriciated guys, cheers

The plume kit cannot be used to negate a dangerous flue install.
The original/standard flue instal must comply with the standard regulations and the plume kit may be used to assist the nuisance factor of the plume.

The best you are going to get is AR if you were to put a plume kit on and all was operating safely.

Flue lengths are specific to the boiler but a plume kit is not suitable for this. Either re route the flue or move the boiler or knock the outhouse down.
If your orange book is the GIUSP bin it and get a new one. It is out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plume kits?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock