Discuss oopsy - guess what i did today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

:oops:

managed to lock myself and custard out of house and toddler alone indoors! yep you guessed it no-one had a spare key for the property.
managed to open it in the end with a length of 32 pipe which i notched at the end to grip the latch. strangled my wrist in letterbox for about 10 mins using my inspection mirror in other hand til i managed to open it.

KJ

well done fella , when my wee one was about 11 month he like most kids loved keys. one day i was taking him for some father son time and whilst i was getting the pram out he locked all the central locking with me outside and him inside. no hesitation picked a ***** up and smashed the smallest window. the little sod

well done fella , when my wee one was about 11 month he like most kids loved keys. one day i was taking him for some father son time and whilst i was getting the pram out he locked all the central locking with me outside and him inside. no hesitation picked a ***** up and smashed the smallest window. the little sod

I hope thats a typo and not some other way to smash a window! lol

unfortunately it wasn't the kids fault! it was me who shut the door.........

not really, it was when she said i would need to pay the locksmith that the panic set in:tongue3:

so necessity being the mother of invention i grabbed a bit of waste pipe and ten mins later bobs yer uncle

KJ

I had an ex Royal Mail Van that self locked every time you shut the door. REALLY bad idea, as I'm scatty as anything. Locked myself out of that twice.

Also once got to work, and the Mrs called me. Our three year old had been put in the car with the keys. She then pressed the button on the fob and locked all the doors. Locking the Mrs out of the car, and the house. I had to come home to get in the house and retrieve the spare set. My wife was at the car window, begging Tilly to press the button again and open the doors up. Funny.

I had an ex Royal Mail Van that self locked every time you shut the door. REALLY bad idea, as I'm scatty as anything. Locked myself out of that twice.

Also once got to work, and the Mrs called me. Our three year old had been put in the car with the keys. She then pressed the button on the fob and locked all the doors. Locking the Mrs out of the car, and the house. I had to come home to get in the house and retrieve the spare set. My wife was at the car window, begging Tilly to press the button again and open the doors up. Funny.
we had one of them,ex post sherpa with slamlocks the old man once locked the keys in had to screwdriver the front non slamlock,smash a hole in the ply and hook them out with a cable access kit

Thats the one GM. I had to do the old sneak hammer through a window trick. Always good to be seen smashing into your own van by the customer, instills a lot of confidence in the work you're about to under take in their home!!!!

I eventually blew the engine on it.....I don't miss it a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oopsy - guess what i did today! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock