Discuss OH happy days.......a 'black out'... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Dont ya just love 'em?...

IMG_0731.jpg

Vortex Eco
Jackpot!- External.

Cause?: not serviced for 3 years, door not shut properly, no snorkel and air intake full of nut shells (bird table next to it) - lots of leaves and........mice poop.

Worse thing is, they called me and said there was black smoke coming out of the flue - I asked them to turn it off immediately. I got there 5 hours later and it was very hot - lady said 'Oh, I turned the heating off but left the hot water on, is that ok?"....AAARRRGH!!

I wont touch them if they're hot potential for soot floating around house too high.

the only thing worse than that is a farmer putting 35sec through a condensing boiler.

Jesus make sure you charge em 3 years worth of servicing it will need it!

Poor Henry, never complains :)

If I get to one like that and it's hot then it's right I'll see you tomorrow when it's cool. In the meantine you have no htg and hot water, have fun.

If it has been only turned off in the last few minutes or even an hour or two, the deep soot can have red hot bits inside it, which when you use the cleaner to suck it, all that air & Henrys bag & filter burn!
Not nice seeing your cleaner emitting smoke & the worst bit is the soot will be sucked straight into the motor & will require a complicated strip down of the Henry.
Has happened me twice at least.

Last edited:
If it has been only turned off in the last few minutes or even an hour or two, the deep soot can have red hot bits inside it, which when you use the cleaner to suck it, all that air & Henrys bag & filter burn!
Not nice seeing your cleaner emitting smoke & the worst bit is the soot will be sucked straight into the motor & will require a complicated strip down of the Henry.
Has happened me twice at least.
accidently forgetting henrys not a aquavac is interesting as well smoke come out his ears

MY pal had his Henry catch fir in the back of his van - not happened to me......yet

Good point, would be safer to remove the old cleaner bag & bin it before putting cleaner back in van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OH happy days.......a 'black out'... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back