Currently reading:
Next years holiday

Discuss Next years holiday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

Well its booked, trekking Mount Meru followed by Kilimanjaro, preparation started yesterday,

2 runs, who am I kidding 2 jogs per week, and swimming twice a week, gym 3 times a week, then step it up closer I get to going, fairly fit already but need to be in tip top condition for this, Everest 2 years ago was a shock to the system, made that on grit and determination, I was one of 6 (out of 10) to make it, need to be better this time........

I am at the age now where it takes a while to prepare for this type of thing....... OH to be 25 again!!!!! I am only hoping 8 months is long enough.

Oh, for those who think I am mad, your quite right, its not about enjoyment its about the challenge. Failing is not an option, although my mate who got helicoptered off of Everest said he enjoyed the ride.

Anyone who wants to join us theres places left, exodus website trip TYM! :willy_nilly:

dont forget once you have used your allocated number of heartbeats, it will stop!! bit like a boiler, leaving it running nice and steady makes it last longer:) RE Everest I hope you bought all your rubbish back with you, just another tourist trap now imho

Well its booked, trekking Mount Meru followed by Kilimanjaro, preparation started yesterday,

2 runs, who am I kidding 2 jogs per week, and swimming twice a week, gym 3 times a week, then step it up closer I get to going, fairly fit already but need to be in tip top condition for this, Everest 2 years ago was a shock to the system, made that on grit and determination, I was one of 6 (out of 10) to make it, need to be better this time........

I am at the age now where it takes a while to prepare for this type of thing....... OH to be 25 again!!!!! I am only hoping 8 months is long enough.

Oh, for those who think I am mad, your quite right, its not about enjoyment its about the challenge. Failing is not an option, although my mate who got helicoptered off of Everest said he enjoyed the ride.

Anyone who wants to join us theres places left, exodus website trip TYM! :willy_nilly:

Did you climb to the the summit ? Kilimanjaro should be a walk I the park after Everest. I think you've understated your achievement there mate. Have you any pics ?

Did you climb to the the summit ? Kilimanjaro should be a walk I the park after Everest. I think you've understated your achievement there mate. Have you any pics ?

No didn't do the summit that would cost $50,000 a bit rich for my blood, have I got pics, lol a fair few, it was difficult, we had to get to 5600m, it was like going for a run breathing through a straw!

If you send me a PM with an e-mail address I'll send you a couple.

dont forget once you have used your allocated number of heartbeats, it will stop!! bit like a boiler, leaving it running nice and steady makes it last longer:) RE Everest I hope you bought all your rubbish back with you, just another tourist trap now imho

So what your saying is I am an old boiler!:19:

Tourist trap! no more of a tourist trap than spending 2 weeks on the costa del boring having the same food as you would have here, some people aspire to have a new merc each year or own a BMW M3, good luck to them. For me I like the challenge, if you look at the amount of people who go on holiday each year, what is the percentage of people who do Everest?

I enjoy these holidays for me, my fear is getting to an old age, looking back and wising I had done these things, I have travelled extensively, had brilliant experiences the last being trekking with Gorillas in Rwanda, another tourist trap, maybe, the experience worth every penny.....

Your right, I could be dead tomorrow, however, what a life I have had

No didn't do the summit that would cost $50,000 a bit rich for my blood, have I got pics, lol a fair few, it was difficult, we had to get to 5600m, it was like going for a run breathing through a straw!

Tried to send PM but it wont let me perhaps a mod could have a look. Obviously cant PM a mod. Wish I had the oppertunity to stand on Everest, a bit of a dream for me. Good luck with your next adventure. Go for it.

Tried to send PM but it wont let me perhaps a mod could have a look. Obviously cant PM a mod. Wish I had the oppertunity to stand on Everest, a bit of a dream for me. Good luck with your next adventure. Go for it.

I just tried to send you my e mail address but couldn't send it to you

Why does it cost so much?

Good luck, I would love to have a go at it myself. I am hoping in the next few years I will have a pop at Kilimanjaro, like you I enjoy challenging myself to see what can be achieved. Although I love a holiday in the sun, just relaxing. The world has more to offer than that so I need to go out there and give some more things a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Next years holiday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back