Search the forum,

Discuss New van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RAW85

Hi guys,

Been working from an ex British Gas Citroen Berlingo 2002 has been great but slowly starting to fail and its a bit small.

Been looking about at larger vans but spotted a Renault Kangoo 2011 maxi (lwb) it's absolutely mint with great metal racking with sliding draws and lockable cabinet. It's about 400mm longer in the back then my current van.

My only doubt is whether it's big enough and will I regret not getting a vivaro or similar.
Not bothered whether I can carry bathroom suite as most get delivered to site.
I carry tool, fittings etc and have to pick up rads but this new van it's 2100mm long in the back.

Does anyone own a small lwb van? Any regrets or advice?

Cheers

With what customers expect you to have on van sometimes you need a 40' Artic, I use a 02 transit that covers my needs, know its old but its well looked after and just keeps on going,

just gone from a land rover defender 110 to a citroen ducato swb,much needed extra space

So true, I like to have supplies on board and I'm one of those annoying OCD types so it will be tidy and organised. Going to see the van in the morning

started on a kangoo, ex bg, was for ever replacing its bushes, as the van was always full............

worst of all the fan belt failed, got into the cam belt and first engine rebuild, then the cam belt dropped off again as renault had originally fitted the wrong pulley!!!!!!!!!!!! yet another rebuild, and the Mrs got given it, but she tried it out in some deep water so it went off to van heaven.

Good little van, to small for my needs, thrashed the heck out of it, turbo hoses fall off, leading to diddly power, but overall a good little worker but crap engine imho.

I had a new lwb dispatch. A great size. Now have a tranny.
Vivaro are quite small really. If I got one would have to be an LWB version as cant even get a 2400 plasterboard in swb.

I had a new lwb dispatch. A great size. Now have a tranny.
Vivaro are quite small really. If I got one would have to be an LWB version as cant even get a 2400 plasterboard in swb.

8x4 sheets go strait in this,its a bit higher and longer than a swb transit

I have just gone from a old shape partner to a lwb highroof transit still have the little one as I have a big job coming up in leeds city centre and can only park in a underground car park but for jobbing I hate it cant get enough stock in it in my opinion

ive had everything from 7.5 tonne down to a mini van unless your only servicing and ll certs i dont think anything smaller than a vivaro is practical ideally a transit size is optimum if you dont want a roof rack then it has to be lwb

Always had SWB low roof transits, vivaros/traffics with a pipe rack
Got a SWB med roof transit now, much more room, with the bulkhead, and can actually see what's on the top shelf of my racking cos I can nearly stand up in back
3m lengths of copper will fit over the top of the bulkhead (made a couple of brackets attached to the roof supports) and my triples will fit at an angle, so don't need a roof rack or carry ladders constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock