Currently reading:
new one !!! heating quotes

Discuss new one !!! heating quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi,

My name is Sandy and I can provide you with leads for your postcode area for central heating installations or boiler changes.

The website generates leads for central heating installers which I then pass on to companies who work in your area.

If you would like to accept some of these leads please visit http://www.heating-quotes.co.uk or to sign up as an installer please visit [DLMURL="http://www.heating-quotes.co.uk/contractor_app.htm"]Contractor apllication[/DLMURL]

You can call me 9am-7pm on the numbers below or reply to this email for an explanation of how this might help your business.

Regards

Sandy Donis

Heating Quotes
TEL:01290423749
MOB:07832215359
www.heating-quotes.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that message too but I don't do full installs anymore, the odd boiler change is enough for me.

£7 per lead lol

£7/lead!!! that ain't bad unless you get charged regardless of whether you go or not!!!!!!! That could build up quite quickly! What if they have 20 plumbers on their books in your area? They get £140 quid and you have to prove your worth against 19 others! Maybe worth the gamble but the winner in this game always the banker (Sandy) IMHO :(

It's cheaper than Quotatis who charge about £15 and £20 a lead...

There is now way they are only giving the job to say 3 installers to quote on IMO ?

You're quoting up against loads

There is already a thread on this ,

apparently they are o.k and one of the better ones

£7 a quote. It's just another scam....or it will be in time.

Spend the money on a pint and a bag of chips instead. It'll be better spent in my opinion.

Well here I am again, trying to defend what I do. It's correct that the lead is £7.00. It is correct that ultimately you will be up against others but not 20 as previously mentioned. I send to a maximum of 5. Which for some granted is too many. However I always try to select companies as close to the customer as possible first as I know how much it costs to step into a van and switch the engine on. Ultimately I'd hope to only ever send work for areas that are literally on your doorstep.
However I am not a multi national conglomerate and I work from home as a self employed individual. I work on a basis of trust.
I telephone every single customer first and ensure its a lead that I would be willing to go to.

You can check other threads and you'll see some support for me.

Regards all,

Sandy

I can see how these pay for leads work for some people, but has i see it all they are doing is driveing down prices, and with the overheads involved being SE i can only see this as a bad thing ! the way things are going now , all i foresee is the extinction of the sole trader small business, Then watch what will happen to the costs of new systems or serviceing charges, sky's the limit, it will be like the banks the big Co will fix the prices £100 / £200 for a service 6 t0 10k for a system there will be no holding the large Co back, after all they will have got rid of the competion. And thes pay for leads Co will disappear along with the rest of us.

Well here I am again, trying to defend what I do. It's correct that the lead is £7.00. It is correct that ultimately you will be up against others but not 20 as previously mentioned. I send to a maximum of 5. Which for some granted is too many. However I always try to select companies as close to the customer as possible first as I know how much it costs to step into a van and switch the engine on. Ultimately I'd hope to only ever send work for areas that are literally on your doorstep.
However I am not a multi national conglomerate and I work from home as a self employed individual. I work on a basis of trust.
I telephone every single customer first and ensure its a lead that I would be willing to go to.

You can check other threads and you'll see some support for me.

Regards all,

Sandy

What's your success rate Sandy? Are your customers happy with the results of the product you're providing? The customers who come to you for leads, how many are turned into generated work for the plumbers on your books? In other words, what is your success rate in providing viable leads that turn into successfully generated work for the plumbers on your books? Do you have those statistics at hand?

I think that kind of info would be interesting to know for genuinely hard working guys in these difficult times :)

I can see how these pay for leads work for some people, but has i see it all they are doing is driveing down prices, and with the overheads involved being SE i can only see this as a bad thing ! the way things are going now , all i foresee is the extinction of the sole trader small business, Then watch what will happen to the costs of new systems or serviceing charges, sky's the limit, it will be like the banks the big Co will fix the prices £100 / £200 for a service 6 t0 10k for a system there will be no holding the large Co back, after all they will have got rid of the competion. And thes pay for leads Co will disappear along with the rest of us.

I can see your argument and I understand your predicament. However I would beg to suggest that the one flaw in your premise is that customers do NOT get more than one quote. Before you would have to pay Yellow Pages a fortune for no guarantee of leads. And you had no idea how many of your enquiries actually were quote collectors. An example is the person I just phoned who has not exchanged contracts yet on a house they are buying. I don't send this and therefore have not wasted anyones time other than my own by phoning it. Additionally I don't have many BIG CO's on my accounts. Most are smal to medium sized enterprises and I have none that are nationwide.

Furthermore I think it is important that the customer and the contractor connect with each other. This is best acheived when the customer and contractor can damn near knock on each others doors. My aim is to try to send leads as close to base as possible from the customer. Incredibly, there are customers out there who live down the street who see your van, your local advert and then phone British gas for a quote. Or a company very many miles away. I intened to localise it as much as possible.

Better experience for the customer and less cost for you.

Hope this offers you more confidence.

Regards

Sandy
Heating Quotes

In reply to this. The truth is I have absolutely no idea how many each of the leads are for each company because it would take an enourmous amount of work just to track such statistics. My only defense on this matter would be that I have very many companies who have been with me from the start. Companies who receive no leads for months and then get one and pay me withing a day!!! A day!!! I have companies who send me a bonus occasionally which I DO NOT request.

I wat companies on my system who I can trust to pay me and the only way for me to achieve this is to try to always UP the quality of the leads and ensure they are genuine. I cant get it right on every occasion because there are more liars than truthful customers out ther and face to face its easier to work them out. On the phone its more difficult.

I hope this answers your questions however partial.

Regards

Sandy

I'm a happy customer. I think it's quite sad that people are so damming when they haven't really a clue how it works. It's like a kid saying "I don't like sprouts!" when they haven't tried them! It worked well for me when I used them during a quiet time. Made a good few quid and had a good success rate. I wasnt hounded with leads and emails on a daily basis like some others do.

In reply to this. The truth is I have absolutely no idea how many each of the leads are for each company because it would take an enourmous amount of work just to track such statistics. My only defense on this matter would be that I have very many companies who have been with me from the start. Companies who receive no leads for months and then get one and pay me withing a day!!! A day!!! I have companies who send me a bonus occasionally which I DO NOT request.

I wat companies on my system who I can trust to pay me and the only way for me to achieve this is to try to always UP the quality of the leads and ensure they are genuine. I cant get it right on every occasion because there are more liars than truthful customers out ther and face to face its easier to work them out. On the phone its more difficult.

I hope this answers your questions however partial.

Regards

Sandy

May I suggest a follow-up phone call or email to the customer who gave you the request, say a month or two down the line, find out who eventually did the work for them? Good numbers could well generate higher rating in your customers eyes, both in the leads passed to you from Joe public and the trades you have on your books.

I'm sceptical of dubious emails, texts & phone calls Sandy! There are so many mosquito's, leeches, & Vampires out there trying their hardest to get a bit of me! If you're genuine then you'll make this venture of yours a success and will be helped along the way IMHO :) If your a blood sucker then you may fill your belly but you'll never be satisfied!!!

Most blood suckers ask for money upfront diamond. This isn't the case here.

I never ask for money up front. And to be fair I do understand the, well I guess, anger at people like me. But I'm not a bad person and in fact all I'm doing is fielding the crap that all you guys have to put up with every day with people who just want a bloody rough idea. You spend your deisel money going to a lead for a project someone might be doing next year. I send QUALITY leads and thats why so few are sent. You may get none for months. As far as being a blood sucker. Every person who works is a blood sucker from someone lese. We all need to make a living. We all just do it in different ways. I appreciate the job you guys do and all other tradespeople. I just do a different job.

Most blood suckers ask for money upfront diamond. This isn't the case here.

I see 'dangling carrots' APPlumbing. And as said if Sandy is genuine then his/her venture will prove successful. I admire their stepping out here and defending their venture! Good luck Sandy :)

I see 'dangling carrots' APPlumbing. And as said if Sandy is genuine then his/her venture will prove successful. I admire their stepping out here and defending their venture! Good luck Sandy :)

What do you mean by that?

I never ask for money up front. And to be fair I do understand the, well I guess, anger at people like me. But I'm not a bad person and in fact all I'm doing is fielding the crap that all you guys have to put up with every day with people who just want a bloody rough idea. You spend your deisel money going to a lead for a project someone might be doing next year. I send QUALITY leads and thats why so few are sent. You may get none for months. As far as being a blood sucker. Every person who works is a blood sucker from someone lese. We all need to make a living. We all just do it in different ways. I appreciate the job you guys do and all other tradespeople. I just do a different job.

Leeches are good for wounds Sandy and can serve a genuinely useful purpose :) You seem passionate and I admire that, it shows a belief in your product :) The label of blood sucker was a general one, not wanting to personally stick it on you as I do not know you :)

I have a better idea. Try the service. Then you'll know. I really only have to defend myself because of the other 'similar' services. I am NOT A CALL CENTRE. I am a guy trying to make a living and have been doing this for 8 years. Long before the others who have now pushed the pay for click programs through the roof by charging a fortune for stuff I'd put on my garden.

Suck it and see.

:)

Regards

Sandy:wink5:

What do you mean by that?

It's a metaphor ... To get someone to do what you want you dangle a 'carrot'. To get a Donkey to move you dangle a carrot in front of them but just out of reach so they continually move towards it but never get to it :) Maybe give them a taste then just keep wiggling it and dangling it in front of them ...:)

Not saying that this is Sandy's approach, bye the way !! Just explaining the dangling of a carrot!!

A good salesperson can make you have needs you didn't know you had...!

I have a better idea. Try the service. Then you'll know. I really only have to defend myself because of the other 'similar' services. I am NOT A CALL CENTRE. I am a guy trying to make a living and have been doing this for 8 years. Long before the others who have now pushed the pay for click programs through the roof by charging a fortune for stuff I'd put on my garden.

Suck it and see.

:)

Regards

Sandy:wink5:

I'm fortunate in that I do not need what you have to offer Sandy! I genuinely wish you the best of luck if your ethics is in helping others! That is a worthwhile salary that will see you okay in life imho:)

Well, I'm very glad that you have enough work. Long may that continue. I take your salesman comment as a compliment as I have been a salesman all my life and only once in that time did I feel I may have overcharged someone. Felt guilty and clearly still do or I wouldn't mention it. I like to be fair and honest. Its worked all my life so far and for the past 8 years. I wish you well and all of the others critical or not.

Well, I'm very glad that you have enough work. Long may that continue. I take your salesman comment as a compliment as I have been a salesman all my life and only once in that time did I feel I may have overcharged someone. Felt guilty and clearly still do or I wouldn't mention it. I like to be fair and honest. Its worked all my life so far and for the past 8 years. I wish you well and all of the others critical or not.

That has my dander up !!!

You sing genuine yet say
I take your salesman comment as a compliment
I said
A good salesperson can make you have needs you didn't know you had
THAT is the carrot!!!!! The Donkey doesn't realise that they don't have to chase the carrot but the master makes it look like you do!!!

comments?

Sandy do you get an enquires in merseyside if so I am an interested party!

The compliment is that as a salesman I don't need to use a carrot. I just need to be honest. It works all the time. People beleive in people . Not a conviluted story to lead them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new one !!! heating quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back