Discuss New british gas tv advert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa, I have to agree with h4s although there are good engineers within bg the minority let them down. This is from experience where I have had to riddor bg 3 separate times for gas leaks one of whom was a manger!!

Like I say some of us will have agree to disagree on this one.

To be fair I've seen both sides of BG. I used to sub for them and not all of the engineers are rip-off merchants, some of them are just as frustrated at their policies than we are. I've got a mate who was sent on a course as he wasn't selling enough as that was seen as not giving "best advice" (their mantra). His performance levels were top notch but he still had to go on a course to sell.

The majority of BG customers when I contracted to them were still calling them the gas board. They are a dying breed as people now are very money wise why do people want to pay £200 a year for an FGA check and gas rate.

Every body makes mistakes if I was right 100% of the time I would work for myself but if I do make a mistake I make sure I personally resolve the problem as quick as possible and around the customers. BG sell on the basis that they will be out within 24hrs my company have received calls from BG customers that they cannot get out to within that 24hr period yet they still promise it.

couple engineers i know got pulled in as not failing enough boilers they say they get pressure from above to 'meet targets'

couple engineers i know got pulled in as not failing enough boilers they say they get pressure from above to 'meet targets'

As far as I'm concerned its not about mistakes, or BG engineers in general, it's about the misleading marketing and the hollow promises they use to gain people's confidence, such as: BG promise a Service and a gas check, but they only do a gas check.

BG assure people they are covered against emergencies by reference to their 24 hour helpline, when customers ring the helpline they are told: "we are experiencing high demand for our services, ring back later" (in the summer). Or if someone does answer, the usual line is that unless you have someone in the house about to give birth, an engineer will get around to you within the next few days.

As one would expect with any large company some of their engineers are very good, and others are pretty useless. But then anyone with half a brain knows how BG operates, and the majority play along with the BS. Can't really blame them for that when they need to put food on the table for their families, but some of them are quite indignant if it's even suggested that they are spinning a line.

I get the impression that BG brainwash their engineers into thinking they are: "the elite workforce of British Gas" ... rule Britannia!

They are British Gas in name only these days, and I think they should be made to trade under their true name of Centrica.

BG get away with a lot of the things they do because no one in authority wants to rock the boat on the privatisation of what was a company that belonged to the people of Britain.

The cost of gas has gone through the roof since privatisation because six companies now share the monopoly instead of one. Whereas BG was once accountable to Government, the six gas companies that rule the roost are accountable to no one - Ofgem being a complete waste of space, and the continual advice of swapping to save money is a nonsense. 9 times out of 10 BG lead the way in raising prices. Having just hiked up their prices, they invite people to pay an even higher rate to have it fixed - what a caring bunch they are!

In addition to the monumental net profits BG have published over the years as a private concern, they have acquired Dyno-Rod and the AA, and probably have large sums of cash invested in other projects to off-set their mega gross profits.

The BG story is not about good business acumen, or good service, money has just showered down into their laps.

BG became a central plank in the big Thatcherite experiment which has now failed in so many ways, and is being propped up by the good people of Britain at a massive cost to their standard of living, and I think a lot of people are now becoming intolerant of carrying on in this way. It's not prosperity trickling down from the top of the pile, it's a landslide of hardship falling on the people at the bottom of the heap.

I think BG's bubble may be about to deflate some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skipped the posts because I've had a bevvy sorry, but I did notice how they showed a squirting leak from a sink trap and mentioned something about a faulty boiler while showing a nice blue flame.

Would have made a new thread myself last week about it but thought it too obvious.

I thought; people going to see a nice blue flame through their inspection panel and gonna freak!

They are British Gas in name only these days, and I think they should be made to trade under their true name of Centrica.

here here..

How long will it take for people to get bored of these types of threads.

to be fair the thread is about the stupid advert. but i see your point. but are you going to tell all the people asking for work as a plumbers mate etc to stop writting threads ?

In 1972 , a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem...if no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire...The A- Team.

This is total misleading advertising british gas vans are blue and they never turn up alone theres allways 3 on a job.

In 1972 , a crack commode unit was sent to tinternet by a guy called DAN for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security wash room in the London underground. Today, still wanted by the banned users, they survive as plumbers of crap fortune. If you have a problem...if no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire...The MOD TEAM!

In 1972 , a crack commode unit was sent to tinternet by a guy called DAN for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security wash room in the London underground. Today, still wanted by the banned users, they survive as plumbers of crap fortune. If you have a problem...if no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire...The MOD TEAM!

Nice lol

I agree with hammers! Never heard a good word said about BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New british gas tv advert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock