Discuss Netaheat 10-16 mkII in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have got a customer who has a netaheat mkII. The air pressure switch is on the way out and is getting stuck, I have freed it up twice now in the last 3 months. This part is now obsolete, but one parts supplier told me Honeywell have produced a pressure switch which can take its place. When I called potterton they made no mention that there was another pressure switch available. Surely I shouldn't be fitting it if it isn't manufacturer approved?

It really would come down to your professional opinion here.
If I know the customer really could not afford fit a new appliance then could maybe look for an alternative. Would need make sure the APS opens at the exact limits of the O.E. one though and fully tested.
If customer just hanging the old thing out and I believed they could afford it then would be pushing for the sale.

Apparently its designed by Honeywell as a replacement for the original and comes with different mounting bracket to make it fit the boiler, just a bit dubious as normally the manufacturer is the only one to release updated parts. I have never had this before so I am a bit unsure what to do.

Excuse my ignorance here, but isnt an aps? an aps? regardless of whom makes it, I know some have a changeover contact and some just a simple switch. If you got a spare in the van pop it in and see what it does. IMHO it will change over if its working and wont if its split or contacts have gone HR, simples........or am i being naive?

Excuse my ignorance here, but isnt an aps? an aps? regardless of whom makes it, I know some have a changeover contact and some just a simple switch. If you got a spare in the van pop it in and see what it does. IMHO it will change over if its working and wont if its split or contacts have gone HR, simples........or am i being naive?
An APS is designed to activate at a specific pressure to confirm fan is operating safely at correct speed which is linked to combustion. They are different APS at different pressure readings for specific boilers.
So an APS is not just an APS!

An APS is designed to activate at a specific pressure to confirm fan is operating safely at correct speed which is linked to combustion. They are different APS at different pressure readings for specific boilers.
So an APS is not just an APS!

The honeywell ones normally have the set pressure written on the back I thought. Then that funny green glue over the screw so no one adjusts it.

Maybe the aps is doing its job but the fan is losing its output... If its 30 odd years old then change it. Unless she is happy for you to keep coming back every month

Maybe the aps is doing its job but the fan is losing its output... If its 30 odd years old then change it. Unless she is happy for you to keep coming back every month

I wish it was the fan as that is still available. The APS is sticking in the closed position, I freed it up about 5 months ago and have just done the same again. Don't know how long it will last though. I have told the customer when it stops again, it will be new boiler time.

aps is very common fault on these, is the fan generic to other models? if not then why sell the fan but not the aps?
The fan was used in a number of Netaheats.
It all comes down to how many APS were produced before this model ceased production circa 1980. The stocks have been used up in last 30 years.
The last APS sold for this was actually a replacement for the obsolete original that was obsolete many years ago and now the replacement itself is obsolete.
It has had a good innings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Netaheat 10-16 mkII in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back