Currently reading:
NCS classification phased out

Discuss NCS classification phased out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Did anyone else get the email off gas safe today saying that the NCS classification was getting removed from GUISP?

It's excessive rules and regulations and the constant wanting to have someone to blame for any possible eventuality. You'll need a permit to go the toilet soon

It's obviously keeping a few thousand jobsworths employed though all living in fear that they'll be found out as their job actually does nothing except make hard workers jobs hell.

I agree 100%. Sometimes I dont feel like an engineer, I feel like a Inspector just filling forms out and able to follow regs ad-infernitum.

They've really muddied the waters with all the NCS over the years, many of them nothing to do with gas/flue safety issues. The AR customers getting a new safety warning every year but carrying on as normal, it took a fatality for something to happen. Anything above NCS classification: that's both ID and AR appliances, should have the gas supplies capped. For someone to restore the supply would have them 'Working on the appliance' and they would have to be GSR. More accountability should be forced on the property owner to put things right (higher insurance premiums maybe)

They've really muddied the waters with all the NCS over the years, many of them nothing to do with gas/flue safety issues. The AR customers getting a new safety warning every year but carrying on as normal, it took a fatality for something to happen. Anything above NCS classification: that's both ID and AR appliances, should have the gas supplies capped. For someone to restore the supply would have them 'Working on the appliance' and they would have to be GSR. More accountability should be forced on the property owner to put things right (higher insurance premiums maybe)

My view entirely. Splitting AR the way it's been proposed is going to be even more confusing.

There will be deaths as a result if this goes ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NCS classification phased out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back