Currently reading:
Muro colour maintenance

Discuss Muro colour maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tackleburger

Anyone ever heard of this mob? been offered some contract maintenance work paperwor they sent through looks okay and the rates are fair. Trouble is I have a deep mis-trust of some of these firms but work is short just now could do with some easy stuff to keep the cashflow.

never heard of them but with all the scams going on at the moment I would check them out thoroughly first, how much are they trying to charge you for this work????

Not hear of them and no upfront payment needs to be made to them, which is good.
One problem I see is its up to the subcontractor to ensure payment is made at the time of the call out and if a cheque is bounced by the customer or won't pay it is taken from subcontractor, also if the customer pays cash it has to be at their office by the next Tuesday, but the subcontractor will not receive a penny for 45 days!
If you stop working for them the withhold payments for 120 days!
Not sure if this will help cashflow?
Also if you decide to keep some cash from a customer in part payment of an invoice the will charge you 10% interest it seems?

seems to me they wish to use you as a bank/money collector but thats the way most call out companies work

This company was called flush home services 3 months ago! all of the paperwork is exactly the same, as is the managing director name!

Be careful mate!

I had not seen that thread before!

Lads please stay well away!

I hate it when these things happen, and the assss holes seem to be able to just start up again in a different name to do it all again!

thanks guys ... i'm just doing my homework on MuroColour Maintenance services before i signed up for them .... dont think i'l do it now !!

Cheers

This company was called flush home services 3 months ago! all of the paperwork is exactly the same, as is the managing director name!

Be careful mate!

this post just about sums it up, DANGER DANGER DANGER well done solar detective of the week award goes to you

Their old company name Flush Home Services had contracts with some insurance firms, the engineers who did work on their behalf never go paid and were left owed thousands. The firm never submitted accounts, the guy who ran it John Stringer ran the operation from his council house bedroom on a dodgy estate. He wound up his firm, with no regard for the poor sods who were left, and opened up again using the same M.O. but different name - look for Murocolour Maintenance Services Limited.

Please stay well away from these crooks

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys

I had a look at these guys and asked a friend who is solicitor and he looked at agreement and said its all in their favor and that i would be mad totaly out my head to sign agreement hence i have not and looks like my m8 was right looking at these threads thanks guys

Flush Home Services ceased trading in June 2011, owing the engineers who did work for them thousands. These crooks simply opened up again as Murocolour Maintenance Services. Whatever you do, stay away from these people and the guy who runs it John Stringer.

I signed up with them last year and i have to say i have had no problems with them, they pay on time and have supplied me with a lot of work. which has been a bonus as its
saved me the cost of having to advertise my company and i find work at these hard times.
As for the managing director he does not work from a bedroom in a council house as one of the people stated on here and i would also like to point out that "Lapchien" who is on here and i have done my research on this guy and he ownes or owned the following companys , Easy 24/7 services who have closed down owing lots of money to engineer and has 19 CCJ against company in last year (owes me money as well), Easy 24 hour glazing, again shut down this year with 6 CCJ in the last year. Easy 24 Hours Services closed down this year and all of the trade as easy service who is owned by laurence O'Mahony who has now reopened as LOM Maintenance.
Its amazing what a credit check on a company can tell you as well as being in this business for many years and the people i know i managed to find out all this about this man that want to go and put on here bad things about other companys.

The reason i decided to post was good companys and people are getting bad names by certain engineers that as in there words about others are "crooks" and just post couse they have a grudge with someone but dont put the truth about whats really happening.

I signed up with them last year and i have to say i have had no problems with them, they pay on time and have supplied me with a lot of work. which has been a bonus as its
saved me the cost of having to advertise my company and i find work at these hard times.
As for the managing director he does not work from a bedroom in a council house as one of the people stated on here and i would also like to point out that "Lapchien" who is on here and i have done my research on this guy and he ownes or owned the following companys , Easy 24/7 services who have closed down owing lots of money to engineer and has 19 CCJ against company in last year (owes me money as well), Easy 24 hour glazing, again shut down this year with 6 CCJ in the last year. Easy 24 Hours Services closed down this year and all of the trade as easy service who is owned by laurence O'Mahony who has now reopened as LOM Maintenance.
Its amazing what a credit check on a company can tell you as well as being in this business for many years and the people i know i managed to find out all this about this man that want to go and put on here bad things about other companys.

The reason i decided to post was good companys and people are getting bad names by certain engineers that as in there words about others are "crooks" and just post couse they have a grudge with someone but dont put the truth about whats really happening.

Hamilton - or is that you John? - simple truths:

Flush Home Services - started up and never even filed any accounts with companies house, Muro same model started up to avoid debt by John Stringer. Even documents on their website are from FHS!

I stand by what I've said, he is a crook and no doubt Muro will never file accounts.

If you are genuine - then do not run up any debt with this guy whatsoever.

Hamilton - or is that you John? - simple truths:

Flush Home Services - started up and never even filed any accounts with companies house, Muro same model started up to avoid debt by John Stringer. Even documents on their website are from FHS!

I stand by what I've said, he is a crook and no doubt Muro will never file accounts.

If you are genuine - then do not run up any debt with this guy whatsoever.

I would like to point out now that i am not john and i can prove that if needs so please dont go down that one as it just makes you look bitter,
John was very honest about what happened to his last company and i even had my accountant talk to his accountant about what had happened and was it all legal what he did and guess what is was legal.
I found him to be very fourth coming with information and even told me more than he needed to know and as i said they never been a problem for me.

Its a shame that his company went under as no one wants that but thats the risk we take these days as i sure you are aware at the moment. maybe i suggest you go back and speak to whoever deals with Flush and they will tell you why it went under etc and maybe with the full facts you might feel differently.
Maybe you should take your issue up with the company that took him under as i know of that company and the MD of that company took a lot of people under and if you want there details i will be only to happy to give them!

I would like to point out now that i am not john and i can prove that if needs so please dont go down that one as it just makes you look bitter,
John was very honest about what happened to his last company and i even had my accountant talk to his accountant about what had happened and was it all legal what he did and guess what is was legal.
I found him to be very fourth coming with information and even told me more than he needed to know and as i said they never been a problem for me.

Its a shame that his company went under as no one wants that but thats the risk we take these days as i sure you are aware at the moment. maybe i suggest you go back and speak to whoever deals with Flush and they will tell you why it went under etc and maybe with the full facts you might feel differently.
Maybe you should take your issue up with the company that took him under as i know of that company and the MD of that company took a lot of people under and if you want there details i will be only to happy to give them!

So who was it then? And why did we get lied to for weeks and weeks - we were even being given jobs just hours before they went bust!

So who was it then? And why did we get lied to for weeks and weeks - we were even being given jobs just hours before they went bust!

You would need to speak to John about that as he will tell you what happened, as i said from the start he was honest with me from the begining and i have been paid on time everytime and i am only to happy to take work friom them, Let face it i getting paid and saving lots of advertising etc.

No one is perfect in this life and at least he was honest from the start and to be great respect to the bloke! you on the other hand mate need to maybe take a look at all your companies that have gone down owing lots of people money! i like the fact you forgot to mention that when having ago about other people!

Just got a call from these sounds very shifty ! Paperwork not very professional and when I asked for John he was quite defensive and he said he knows what people are saying about him and it's not true I'm not interested very dodgy IMHO

Just got a call from these sounds very shifty ! Paperwork not very professional and when I asked for John he was quite defensive and he said he knows what people are saying about him and it's not true I'm not interested very dodgy IMHO

I work for them and have had no problem with them so if u not worked do them how can you say anything about them ? ?
Lets hope your business never fails and you have to start again as you will get the same reception you have just given.
But I would like to point out I have worked with them for nearly a year now and had not one problem and in this climate i would rather have work and get money than believe everything you read on the Internet. I have not come across anything shifty wih hem and have other engineer mates who also work with gem and have no problem.

Hamilton the only post your commenting on since joining back in February is this one. If your working and getting paid , good for you. If others aren't or don't like the company that's there opinion.

Thread closed

Just to point out something here for you too.

"Hamilton" registered to the forum with the same IP address (so same internet connection) as forum username "local plumber". Who IS using an email address [email protected].

A different name is used for the email address though so I'd guess there are a couple of guys working there at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Muro colour maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back