Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mlcp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norcs

Plumb center now stock Pegler Yorkshire tektite flexible metal.
Which is mlcp and available in 15mm and 22mm.

Not the silly European mlcp sizes...16mm, 20mm etc.

At £2.50 per meter for 15mm its the cheapest between polypumb and copper.

Its the only pipe system (bar soft drawn copper) that allows threading through studding and bending a tight enough radius with the 15mm to enable joint free installation.

Unless some one knows another method?

I've no connection with either company above.
I'm doing the plumbing on a loft conversion and was looking for a solution to joint free installation where the pipe is concealed.

I've ruled out 15mm polyplumb as the radius will be too tight and the pipe would likely kink.
This is the final 90 degree bend btw that allows the pipe to exit the studding.
And hard drawn won't thread through the studding.

That only leaves mlcp or soft drawn copper afaik.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is 16mm and 20mm silly ? surely a choice of sizes is better than just 15 & 22 or am i missing something, maybe jonny foreigners got it all wrong

It good , been using it for a wile, but like all these systems the fittings are to expensive so what you save on time you lose on cost.

Thanks jts.
I assume standard compression fittings will work?

I'm piping from the existing CH f&r stubs which are 22mm to a 4 port manifold.
The manifold which consists of two 4 port assemblies was £18.
Which I think would work out cheaper than fittings.
But I guess I lose the savings on the extra pipe used.

Why is 16mm and 20mm silly ? surely a choice of sizes is better than just 15 & 22 or am i missing something, maybe jonny foreigners got it all wrong

My manifold is 15mm connections and the rad valves 15mm. The shower valve is 15mm and the basin tap isolaters are 15mm as is the WC connection.

Not silly I guess depending on your application.

Through the stud wall is my main issue.
I've already used polyplumb pipe in pipe for the rad f&r's which are run under the flooring.

Thanks jts.
I assume standard compression fittings will work?

I'm piping the CH f&r stubs which are 22mm to a 4 port manifold.
The manifold which consists of two 4 port assemblies was £18.
Which I think would work out cheaper than fittings.
But I guess I lose the savings on the extra pipe used.

Compression fittings will work but you MUST use there inserts, have you got the tool for chamfering the pipe ??

I don't even have the pipe yet. Is the chamfering necessary with compression?

Or just the tectite fittings?

If you don't use it, just gives them an excuse not to honour any warranty, ring Tectite and ask for a free installer pack, 25mtr coil, assortment of fittings & inserts and tool.

The guy I'm working for is a commercial pipe fitter. He can't abide pushfit. He would go beserk if I fitted one below his flooring or anywhere in his property.

And all joints have to be accessible. I don't think non chamfering would be a problem with compression.

How much are you paying for the stuff JTS if you don't mind me asking?

But how do you connect to standard UK fittings?
Do you use adaptors? Costly?

press fit about £0.60-£1.00 a fitting for 16mm

The guy I'm working for is a commercial pipe fitter. He can't abide pushfit. He would go beserk if I fitted one below his flooring or anywhere in his property.

And all joints have to be accessible. I don't think non chamfering would be a problem with compression.

if your using there inserts yes and dont forget 15mm od 10mm id about so you might come unstuck, eg max runs

About 12m is the maximum run. Polyplumb 15mm is 11.10mm id.

:D good luck supplying a bath with 12-10mm and if thats a rad at 12m too long for 15mm/16 plastic/mlcp (the whole run)

No bath being fitted.
The 12m run is a rad. So that's 24 maximum which is 5000 pascals which is a half meter head.
The pump is a commercial unit.
I installed it about 7 years ago. It supplies a 20m loop through a 28mm danfoss by-pass valve. Then two floors of ufh with their own pumps.
Can't forsee any problems. :shades_smile:

The guy only called me back last week to do the loft conversion. System been running without a hitch for 7 years.

No bath being fitted.
The 12m run is a rad. So that's 24 maximum which is 5000 pascals which is a half meter head.
The pump is a commercial unit.
I installed it about 7 years ago. It supplies a 20m loop through a 28mm danfoss by-pass valve. Then two floors of ufh with their own pumps.
Can't forsee any problems. :shades_smile:

The guy only called me back last week to do the loft conversion. System been running without a hitch for 7 years.

15mm mlcp/plastic is only rated to 10000btu (with heat loss) did you use a mears calc to do heat loss or stick any old rad in

i see problems but each to there own

Last edited:
The two rads are not sized yet. Advised the client to give the room sizes to his rad supplier.
Should be considerably less than 3kw. He has 130mm of polyurenthane on the roof.

The two rads are not sized yet. Advised the client to give the room sizes to his rad supplier.
Should be considerably less than 3kw. He has 130mm of polyurenthane on the roof.

your the heating eng you work them out simple less to go wrong unless you dont know how to do heat losses

and k2 2m x 600 is 4kw ;)

10,000 btu is nearly 3kw. Rad will be considerably smaller than 3kw. Probably half that.

10,000 btu is nearly 3kw. Rad will be considerably smaller than 3kw. Probably half that.

but there wont be just one so that means either you t off or use a mf then you costs increase due to extra pipe and mf so your worse off cost wise than using 25mm circuits

Client is covering materials cost. Spec is no concealed joints and no pushfit.
Just one rad on the 12m run.
mf was £18.

Client is covering materials cost. Spec is no concealed joints and no pushfit.
Just one rad on the 12m run.
mf was £18.

who said anything about pushfit and you will have concealed joints no matter what and i wouldnt be concerned about concealed joints failing but i would be more concerned about other things

Will be no concealed joints on this one.
Except for the drains.

drains, showers, frame toilets, wall hung basins etc you using any of them

and mlcp rubbing on joists/tight holes

Picked up a 50m roll of 15mm mlcp today for £80 quid. I'm well happy.
I've used polyplumb pipe in pipe for the main ch runs. But this stuff will go into the studding.

Picked up a 50m roll of 15mm mlcp today for £80 quid. I'm well happy.
I've used polyplumb pipe in pipe for the main ch runs. But this stuff will go into the studding.

16mm ;)

Adverts in the posts ruin this forum.
Singlemuslims.com. I need that like a hole in the head.

15mm Yorkshire tectite mlcp. And a 25m roll of 22mm.

far enough york henco is good stuff

and on firefox use adblocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mlcp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock