Currently reading:
Mercedes Vito van review - anyone?

Discuss Mercedes Vito van review - anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

panamajack

Hi all,

I'm looking for a van, something 2006 - 2009 plate and I've read some bad things about Vito's, Vivaro's.....well every van really, but what do you guys think?

Are Merc Vito's any good or should I get something else? Any experiences?

Cheers

ha ha your bang on with everything including drivers door problem . they havnt got a clue at my one mercedes garage where i live . I'm stuck in a rut

Never had a single problem with mine and it drives like a car, just slower. Got the 109 as its my first van. My fave thing about the vito is the quality of the doors etc compared to the tinny thin panels on transits and French vas etc. also, there's no rust.

That new transit custom looks pretty sweet.

Lol TB James has just gone from a 109 to tranny Trend, I pulled the side door shut, with the force I would normally for the Vito, and nearly put it through the cab lol, like tin foil, nice all the same though, got a great deal from polar ford at Freeport on a pre reg jobbie

Lol TB James has just gone from a 109 to tranny Trend, I pulled the side door shut, with the force I would normally for the Vito, and nearly put it through the cab lol, like tin foil, nice all the same though, got a great deal from polar ford at Freeport on a pre reg jobbie

I like the tranny, just doesn't have that quality feel. Had to go to Derby to get a decent deal on mine. Would be nice to have a garage as close to home as Freeport lol. Got a service deal on my van but have to go Northside down elland road to get it done.

ha ha your bang on with everything including drivers door problem . they havnt got a clue at my one mercedes garage where i live . I'm stuck in a rut

There are 20+ reasons stop start can stop working, including also straight after reversing, damn things are getting too complicated!

I like the tranny, just doesn't have that quality feel. Had to go to Derby to get a decent deal on mine. Would be nice to have a garage as close to home as Freeport lol. Got a service deal on my van but have to go Northside down elland road to get it done.

Yep TB, have the Northside service pack on mine, use Northside @ Doncaster as they do 24 hr service and repairs, stops down time!!

Yep TB, have the Northside service pack on mine, use Northside @ Doncaster as they do 24 hr service and repairs, stops down time!!

Good to know mate thanks! Will use them next time!

Good to know mate thanks! Will use them next time!
Just ring em first pal, they have just done service on mine, had to go back in for a battery that was faulty, they did it on a Thursday night @ 20.30 as the warranty expired @ midnight that day lol!

Just ring em first pal, they have just done service on mine, had to go back in for a battery that was faulty, they did it on a Thursday night @ 20.30 as the warranty expired @ midnight that day lol!

Now that's service!

Now that's service!

Yeah fitted me in after a gruelling day.....it went like this

chiseled unions off a 30 year old SMC pump, then repaired copper joints lol when I damaged pipe!

Ripped out a Chaff combi in a stone cottage with 30" walls, upgrade gas, soak away fitted, Rf stat, both mains stop taps bust, turned all taps in house and cut a valve in, fit WB 25 Si' luckily flushed and filter fitted by us a few month before, all after 11.00 am start as had to reg little boys birth with Mrs V @ reg office.

landed there @ 20.00, drank their coffee machine dry, drove out @ 20.30!

Yeah fitted me in after a gruelling day.....it went like this

chiseled unions off a 30 year old SMC pump, then repaired copper joints lol when I damaged pipe!

Ripped out a Chaff combi in a stone cottage with 30" walls, upgrade gas, soak away fitted, Rf stat, both mains stop taps bust, turned all taps in house and cut a valve in, fit WB 25 Si' luckily flushed and filter fitted by us a few month before, all after 11.00 am start as had to reg little boys birth with Mrs V @ reg office.

landed there @ 20.00, drank their coffee machine dry, drove out @ 20.30!

Ouch. Not one of your best days then.

I've just got a transporter, T5.1 had it just over a week, love it to bits so far. Use it as my daily driver as well as work van. Sound deadened the back and insulated it. Gotta ply line and rack it next.

used to have a caddy before that than gave me no hassle at all. Just need something a bit bigger.

willing to learn ....DO your self a favour and take this advise :

Go and get your van sound proofed before you ply it ....wish my van was empty .

but i am striping my on the summer to sound proof it

willing to learn ....DO your self a favour and take this advise :

Go and get your van sound proofed before you ply it ....wish my van was empty .

but i am striping my on the summer to sound proof it

Stan, read my post. I've sound deadened and insulated it already.

Ps I'm Aqua Tackler on VW forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I know ......I still got almost 4k to pay on my van :) and i got it almost 3 years ago ...

but i am not selling it for another min 5-10 yars

Driving a relay at the moment but will chop in for a transit in the new year. Heard good things about them.
Had lots of problems with my Transit, 30k on it and its been in 12 times ,6 times for gearbox. Merc next for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mercedes Vito van review - anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock