Discuss Magnabooster????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did speak to their sales rep that is true. And I agree that the magnaclean and TF1 do provide a much better amount of visible evidence compared to the magnabooster but they have had 2 independent tests where the magnabooster has proved to do a good job. Yes, the solid particles suspended in the water need the water to cause the particles to drop to the bottom of the unit but this separates the particles from the water whereas the magnaclean doesn't do the same thing.

As I've said though, the magnaclean and TF1 do provide a much better amount of evidence which will please the customer no end :)

No offence taken, everyone has their opinions and this is why there are forums to express them.

I have been very impressed with the performance of the magnaclean. Its self evident when you remove the magnet just how effective it is for drawing impurities out even after you have throughly flushed through and treated any given system. Personally I havent had any body or seal defects that would cause a leak but if it were to occur I still wouldnt turn my back on the product itself because it performs so well overall.

When I had a new boiler installed for our gas central heating last year I also had a Magnabooster fitted. It's about due for its next clean and I have just one concern: when I open the valve to flush out the dirt the system will top up the water by taking in more water from the header tank. There's a possibility that this water will not be clean, and I'm concerned in case this dirt gets deposited in the pipework (we have the accursed microbore) before the magnabooster has a chance to remove it. So my question is, please, which is the greater risk: cleaning the filter and possibly drawing dirty water into the system, or not cleaning the filter which might be full and therefore no longer removing contaminant?

I think I should have posted this as a new thread to have a chance of being read, so I'll do that now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnabooster????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back