Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Like for like shower, part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas121

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I've got a job replacing an instantaneous shower for exactly the same make and model. As it was like for like I assumed I could wire it up.

Iv just been informed that because it's in a bathroom, a zoned area, like for like does not count and a part p needs to install.

This does make sense so I'm guessing I assumed wrong and have been informed correctly.

Can you guys confirm?

Yep as I thought, just had to check cos it has been a while now.
Page 7 Building Regs AD Part P 2013
Non-notifiable work
2.7 Regulation 12(6A) sets out electrical installation work that is notifiable. All other electrical installation work is not notifiable – namely additions and alterations to existing installations outside special locations, and replacements, repairs and maintenance anywhere.

Last edited:
do you know of any sparks who would test and cert on a like for like swap? not many cert on a board change.

if you know what your doing then just crack on and get a sparks in if theres any issues with cable size, protection etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Like for like shower, part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock