Currently reading:
Lead Pipe Live.

Discuss Lead Pipe Live. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Well what a funny day, and all the while the thought of cutting into that live lead main.

Phone's been none stop, first call was a customer wanting to cancel her boiler change. She went into work this morning to be told she might not have a job in 4 weeks. So now have to fit new drayton 3 port on the old combi.
Second was a full bathroom reno to do.
Third was one I priced last year and didn't hear anything. Now want the bathroom redoing under a reduced scope.
Fourth I didn't answer as he was supposed to be getting somebody else to do it before christmas, left a message asking me how soon I can install a couple of rads.
Fifth was a mate of mine telling me not to forget to book high value items through his account so that 4 of us can get a 4 day trip to portugal golfing and on the sauce. Flights, Transfers, Half Board Room and Golf all paid for :) :) :).
Also a few calls for boiler services that were actual services and not breakdowns.
The day went well in the garage conversion except finding that my spirit level now doesn't know the meaning of level. Made obviously clear whilst hanging a 2000 x 300 double convector.
Shot out to the sticks to change the inlet valve, nobody in, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Back into town for the main event. Only to find they have bought a philmac fitting instead of a compression lead lock. Nuts, I'm going to use it. Scored and deburred the lead, had my fitting ready with valve, short bit of pipe and speedfit elbow onto some plastic pipe and out the door. Big sponge over the cutters and pipe and sliced through (big thanks to stevetheplumber for the plastic pipe cutter tip, worked a treat) and ftting on, little puddle in front and a little splash over me. Well chuffed, but the fitting is pants, managed to get it 99% but it won't just have it. Have to run into darlo for 7 in the morning to pick up the real deal and swap it over.

Nice buzz though and customer left me alone while I was working.

Home for chicken and chips and two messages, the bloke in the sticks wanting to know where I am and the woman who wants the curved rad, she's priced up the materials herself and I'm far too expensive. She says it looks like I charge 200 a day at least and that's far too much.

Both messages responded to. They both got the same response.

I love my job

to balance life out, tommorow you will go to a simple job and it will take all day!!

Well that's a tame end to that story I was hoping you were gonna say u cut it nothing fitted you flooded the place and had to improvise a piece of copper as a breathing apparatus

glad to have helped for those that havent tried it if you want to cut lead live just keep scoring round with the plastic cutters then a final chop leaves a nice clean deburred end ready for a leadlock or philmac

Well that's a tame end to that story I was hoping you were gonna say u cut it nothing fitted you flooded the place and had to improvise a piece of copper as a breathing apparatus

I had the mash hammer at my side ready to bray it flat if it all went pear shaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lead Pipe Live. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock