Currently reading:
Keeping everything organised

Discuss Keeping everything organised in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ant Parkes

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Right lads and lasses,

Picking up quite a lot of work recently. Mainly bathroom refurbs which keep me in a spot for 2 weeks a time. Or atleast I book a full 2 weeks, if I finish in 1.5 i'll fill the gaps with CP12's or boiler services.

What do you lot use to keep your business running? I'm a one man band and from start (18 months ago) I've used Google Calendar for my cal and Kashflow accounting package.

However, I'm finding I'll write the names / numbers / addresses down on an A5 pad when on the phone to them as my calendar is on my phone. Then I transfer that to my larger A4 pad which I write all my quotes on. I like to keep this pad tidy, so I can scroll through quotes etc. I then type them up on Kashflow and send them. Once I win them I obviously book them in.

However, those smaller jobs i'm really struggling with planning. I'll write them down (or started putting them on Google Tasks), but they're the jobs I'll plan in, the morning I know i'll have chance to get to them. Where you think, I'll finish the bathroom prep at 2 and shoot off and do a couple jobs but hit problems and leave at 4 etc. Those sort of jobs. Some of which, i forgot i've even got to do because i'm flicking between like 2 pads and google cal and kashflow.

Surely there is something out there to keep track of all this? Apart from someone doing my Admin lol

Are most digital these days or sticking with a paper diary? My worry is leaving it somewhere and that's your jobs booked in gone **** up

See this is the pig. The basin and toilet are staying and so are the tiles behind them.

Only the shower area being boarded and ceiling being done. Ceiling an arse because I'm working over everything.

@king of pipes Do you 2x1 the ceiling to fix to or go straight into the existing ceiling with glue and screw?

I went 680 including glue for shower area boards and ceiling which I though was Okay. The boards and ceiling materials are 600 quid
Not terrible but I would probably Have been higher if I’m honest. By a few hundred

Reply to Keeping everything organised in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock