Currently reading:
isolation valves

Discuss isolation valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

its the 2nd time i have come accros isolation valves making the water undrink able has any one else come accros this?

they were making the water smell awful and also adding a taste once they are replaces problem solved i was pulling my hair out the first time couldnt find the sorce and pulled the valve for pure pot look

This is the second time I have heard this didn't believe it the first time.

stoker, i didnt belive it the first time i came accros it the second time i just swapped it but i wonder why and how it happens?

The WRAS approved ? Could be the materials ? Cheap chinese knock offs

all mine are wras it has not happend on any i have fit yet luckily on both occasions i have connected on to the other side

To be fair it was just a complaint I had from someone but thought they were just being sensitive.
Seems strange now that two people have said the same thing.
Can't see how though unless something is being transferred into the water?

Aaa yes... I heard this... But instead of a isolation valve it was a compression elbow.... Yes it made the water smelly and also reproduced some little plumbing men who created a village inside toilet cisterns... Anyhow.. I am now a millionaire as i have little men who have been made out of smelly smelly compression valves...

This topic is all BS btw XD

Yes.. They are smelly little men who circulate around plumbing however they dont like isolation valves because there never full bore iso valves thats why they get stuck. In a way its not them who stink.

When they get stuck in the iso valves, they cry, they cry because they are not full bore and the modern plumbing is becoming a mess what with copper being replaced with Mickey mouse plastics.

Their tears is what smell and actually causes legionella's :(

Yes.. They are smelly little men who circulate around plumbing however they dont like isolation valves because there never full bore iso valves thats why they get stuck. In a way its not them who stink.

When they get stuck in the iso valves, they cry, they cry because they are not full bore and the modern plumbing is becoming a mess what with copper being replaced with Mickey mouse plastics.

Their tears is what smell and actually causes legionella's :(

Brilliant lol

Lol tb, all this nonsense about smelly iso valves lol if any1 believes all that...

Is the water coming from a spring? Check the filters?

Is it mains in a town?

Inside toilet cisterns is does normally stink... Pour water into a tub and check the PH levels, or do a adequate water test...
I wouldn't really bother much as long as no 1 is getting ill

Do I dare ask what happens to the stink men when they encounter flexis?

I just know I'm going to get a call tomorrow with someone telling me they've got smelly water. I will recite koogatubacs stink men storey...maybe...

Are we talking square isolation valves here? I know they stink.

Haha i had to come back to this topic after a rubbish day of wrestling old pipe and spending 30mins of turning extremely dark copper clean to solder

Hmmm, me thinks the the OP got his dates mixed up and posted his April fools a little later than planned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to isolation valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock