Currently reading:
inspection light

Discuss inspection light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

can anyone recommend a decent heavy duty inspection light non-plastic, cheers

Big Maglite?
There's a 6D maglite rolling round in the van but it rarely gets used (not as a torch anyway, makes a good hammer at times), a combination of my headtorch and small LED Lenser torch do well for most things.
The headtorch is amazing when you're crawling round in lofts, fighting with fittings and trying not to fall through the ceiling as it leaves both hands free to get hold of things

I can't live without my 18v makita torch. It's plastic thou

Can't see past my 18v DeWalt carry light and it runs of the same batteries as my drill. Lights up a full attic and lasts for 3 hrs between charges.

18V makita torch. Hmmmm sounds good. Might have to get me one. Gotta link?

Maybe not exactly what you are asking, but take a look at Brennenstuhl 28 led hand lamp. Lovely in the hand, as rubber finish & good shape. Recharged it does 4 or 5 hrs.
Also Energiser head torches are excellent. Lenser torches are top stuff, & you can get a cheaper, light weight type.

I have the makita BML185
I'm thinking of getting the BML184 thou

Screw fix sell them both

Battery's are expensive. But I just use the ones from my drill etc

i have petzl headlight and a travis perkins sitelight all i ever need

I have three 18V batts for my drills, so would just need the torch. Looks good.

I have three 18V batts for my drills, so would just need the torch. Looks good.

It's great. Doesn't go dim thou. Just turns off

Which one is better though, the torch or the tube light?

Can't comment on the tube. Was going to buy it Monday but couldnt find my card

The torch is fantastic. The head goes up and down by 120* and the battery stands it up. Never let me down yet

can anyone recommend a decent heavy duty inspection light non-plastic, cheers

It is hard to get a decent hand lamp anymore. You can't get the metal ones as they are not double insulated (well you can but you they come as 12v).
These are about the best i've found. Take std bayonet bulbs so you can always find a bulb.
Gripper Hand Lamp BC

They are made by Briticent who made the original ones years ago.

why non plastic if i can ask
Because the only one's i have been able to find are cheap black plastic one's that never seem to last more than a 6months, guess i will need to try the ones that take a drill battery

I've got a spare Dewalt DC 527 18V carry light with flourescent tubes, only a few weeks old and in almost perfect condition. Anyone interested can have it as a bare unit (without battery) for £25 including postage. I've got 3 of these including this one and they are really good, but need space in my van!

It is hard to get a decent hand lamp anymore. You can't get the metal ones as they are not double insulated (well you can but you they come as 12v).
These are about the best i've found. Take std bayonet bulbs so you can always find a bulb.
Gripper Hand Lamp BC

They are made by Briticent who made the original ones years ago.
Tam, BES does a similar inspection lamp, gripper 2000, only 3m flex & although it says 60w bulb, i,ve been using it with 100w bulb for years with no problems. it has good quality plastic handle & strong wire cage only £7.36 + vat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to inspection light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock