Discuss Improving the sound/feel of a relatively thin stainless steel sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buk

I've recently installed a new stainless steel sink and drainer.

It looks great, but it isn't the thickest SS available, and consequently, the drainer flexes somewhat and the bowl sounds pretty tinny in use.

So, I have some Marley Sealtite flashing -- a 100mm wide strip of some thin metal with a bitumen-based backing that is self-adhesive with the application of a little heat -- left over from a different job, and I'm considering applying a couple of strips under the drainer and on the sides and base of the bowl to provide a little extra stiffness and some sound deadening.

Thoughts? Good, bad, crazy?

Cheers, Buk.

Yes, why not? Won't do any harm and a lot of sinks used to come with a similar piece of tar felt stuck on their base. Often feel off eventually though, probably due to hot water in the sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Improving the sound/feel of a relatively thin stainless steel sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock