Currently reading:
ideal eyesore.......

Discuss ideal eyesore....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moffski72

Moffski72
Gas Engineer
Morning chaps. Got an issue with and ideal istor, would appreciate your thoughts on? Customer (rented) keeps reporting to his landlord that he has to reset the boiler every couple of hours.(l-f fault so flame loss)
First time I looked at it, had leaks every bloody where, so changed a few bits just to give it a chance of working properly(new Ch exp vessel, aav, Ch prv, recharged dhw exp vessel, changed ignition electrodes and flame sensor.) Gave it a clean out, poured some water through the hex, all good.
That seemed to work for a couple o weeks, then same again.
Went back and changed the condense trap. Jeeesus Christ that was a laugh. Anyway trap wasn't blocked, but new one on there now.
The con pipe goes into internal waste via 32mm, just loose in there, then into vertical hepvo trap...not my favourite things...
Bloody thing is still doing it, it's tight in an airing cupboard in an upstairs flat so access is Rubbish. Any thoughts?

Fave on them is the flame rectification lead breaking down and cracking . Whats its condition?

Yeah checked that out as well, took the old one off and checked continuity while wiggling lead about, was iffy with old electrode connected, put new electrode on lead and all was fine and dandy. I've had em where the lead has actually disintegrated when move about, so yeah I know about that one...but thanks all the same!

I feel your pain with the coni traps lol tw@ts .
Spark generator?? , cheap to change

I feel your pain with the coni traps lol tw@ts .
Spark generator?? , cheap to change
Ok...why? I know it's cheap and would rule somethin else out, but then I'm just going down the elimination route, and I hate that route...
Although I'm starting to think it would be better just to change it for something, now what's the word....?
Oh yeah, less horrific and more, you know, functional.

Have you checked the gas rate at minimum load, it could be too low and dropping out once the boiler cuts down.
Thanks for this, I'll check it, but I've let it modulate right down, cut out and cut back in again and I cannot get it to replicate the fault. I've turned up at the property and seen the lf fault on the display, but I can't get it to perform when I'm there. Feel a bit like throwing a board at it. Just for fun.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal eyesore....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock