Discuss I hate manufacturers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I had to fit a new heat exchanger on a Keston C55 this afternoon I was hoping they would just rip the boiler out but it was a care home and we couldnt get back until the new year to fit a new boiler so they decided to repair it for now and replace in the summer.

On tuesday when I went to look at the job I noticed that the heat exchanger had a massive split on the weld spoke to keston/ Ideal and asked does the heat exchanger come with all the gaskets/ seals that are needed to complete the job there answer was "Yes you dont have to order anything else" So I get there today new heat exchanger in a nice wooden box start stripping the boiler apart and think I will just make sure I have got all the gaskets as promised surprise surprise NO fan gasket or ignition probe gasket phoned my suppliers luckily they had both in stock but they were half hour away and I never started the job until 2.30 so was short on time anyway but they even delivered them to me fair play to them for that.

Why oh why dont manufacturers supply every thing you need to do the job but the thing that really annoyed me was when I spoke to them why not just tell me that I needed these 2 gaskets as well.

why supply them when you can rip off your customers for a couple of bits that cost a few pennys to make.

I have got used to the fact that alot of manufacturers dont supply o rings gaskets etc. But what really wound me up is I spoke to them to see if I needed bits and they said no everything is there to fit it. Made my blood boil

I have got used to the fact that alot of manufacturers dont supply o rings gaskets etc. But what really wound me up is I spoke to them to see if I needed bits and they said no everything is there to fit it. Made my blood boil

I'm in total agreement Millsy 82! :D ... ESPECIALLY on a Friday!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I hate manufacturers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back