Discuss How things have changed in 30 years . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, certainly gives me food for thought when it comes to replacing an old heat only boiler ;) is the joint in the picture a brazed joint? Or lead weld? ... had to do both on my apprenticeship but haven't touch either since and certainly wouldn't be able to now :rolleyes:

Lead weld

What did you think of the 400s?
Ok shaun it was usefully for this job rear flue was simple enough i did have to compleately brick up the inside and outside before i could hang the boiler wont last 30years thats for sure plastic casing was a bit cheap looking i thought cheers kop
What did you think of the 400s?

Every day is a school day, I didn't know that you could get modern condensing boilers without a permanent live or pump overrun, but now i do :) . how does the boiler deal with latent heat? . I commissioned a Worcester 27ri on Tuesday that was replacing a Viessmann heat only that was only 4 years old and knackered due to a very poor install... had to run a new 5 core to the boiler for permanent Live and pump control... Baxi 400 would have been an alternative, how long is the warranty please?
Physically its sensible heat not latent lol

Wow old lead welding, did it years ago, we used to make all our own roof slates for soil pipes on site (Sat morning job) also lead roofing done a few in Plymouth in the very distant past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How things have changed in 30 years . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock