Search the forum,

Discuss house refurb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
ive just bought my first house for 90k as the sale of the last one didn't go thru , now im trying to refurb it all for 10k , heating, electrics, kitchen and bathroom oh and pvc windows , I need 7! I know it does sound a lot of work for a little amount of money, reckon I can get the upvc done for 1000-1500 , bathroom will have to be done for under £1000 and so will the kitchen , im trying to find a second hand one for now , I need to put a new roof on aswell , the slates are ok, might need some new ones, but its just the battens and felt I need, ive got my own scaffold. the electric's I an do my self and its a small house! now my plan for the heating is to put in a cheap log burner with back boiler , ive got a budget of 750 for, pipes and rads etc ive allowed for £1000 , hoping I can buy a 15ri system off ebay for £50 ! hope I get it! and a thermal store cylinder with solar panels , ive had a quote for these at around 3k, do you think the heating system will raise the house value much? or am I beter going for a cheap glow worm combi for now and just a wood burner with no boiler? I know ive a tight budget so the solar thermal might have to be forgotten :(

Tbh I'd look at putting In a cheap combi. How long you planning on staying in the place? Putting in a log burner ch might put people off buying it in the future

been discussing it whit the oh , and think we are going to go with a cheap combi vokera , glow worm or similar, im putting a log burner in with no boiler, cheap new bathroom off ebay , and also got a nice 2 yr ol howden cream kitchen with plenty of units for what I need off ebay tonight! £400 !! some bargains to be had! . to be honest we just bought it to get on the ladder . its going to be up for sale as soon as I get it all done. its a end terrace house in a seaside village, small garden/parking area to front and small yard in the back . I want somewhere bigger eventually so I can put my boat and 50 lobster pots and some nets and buoys and rope ect in the front , make it look nice ..........

Are you going to do the upvc yourself or get someone in?
as fitting plastic windows is fairly easy I do them all the time

one of the lads that works with me on site is going to fit them and ill do a few days for him as he has just bought a house, the plasterer needs his boiler moved and kitchen done so ive that sorted aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to house refurb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock