Currently reading:
Hep2o pipe inserts?

Discuss Hep2o pipe inserts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cainan

Now I have always and will always continue to use the hep2o pipe inserts on every single fittings, however a tiler who dabbles in the odd bit of plumbing now and again said he has NEVER used one when he has been using hep2o fittings but does use them for compression fittings. Now surely you need to use them on hep fittings aswell not just when you are crimping the pipework? I wouldn't feel safe in my house if he had been there that's for sure.

anyone know if maybe you don't need to? Or will get a few angry phone calls eventually?

Hep2o defiantly told us to pump up to 18 bar, and leave for 20 minutes,they came on site giving us training on how to fit this new fangled stuff.This was about 15 years ago,I know the test procedures have changed since,but it was defiantly 18 bar.And yes it was hard to pump up by hand but it saved on Gym fee's:stooge_moe:

Last edited:
18 bar is crazy... Far too much to test.

I have pumped a town house by hand and once i hit 3 bar my shoulders, arms, hands and even everything started turning green! It would send me running around the site shouting 'PLUMBER SMASH!!!' As i grabbed all that plastic!! And then once again, defeated that plastic demon while the priest was beside me reading extracts from the holy bible!

PLUMBER SMASH!!!!!!

At 18 bar you should have an isolation zone of the whole house, even plastic firing at you at 18 bar will cause serious damage..

That's why you loop all ends and never put blanks on if a fitting comes apart it'll still be connectedto the other pipe, like I said hepworth came out and trained us

Hope ur wet testing and vent all the air off. Compressed air at 18bar makes a lovely jam from you skin and connective tissues.

Air testing o longer allowed due to health & safety etc

but yes, I still air test... Half or 1 bar just to check no open ends etc...

On site work 1st fixing, a bit of spilt water doesn't matter so no need to worry about any forgotten open ends apart from air testing being dangerous it would also be useless cos if you had a small leak you would struggle to find it,

Thought i was rite about that, i remember at the time being a bit scepticle about pumping to 18 bar. Air will release 7 times quicker than water i seem to remember so i wouldnt use air over 1/2 bar to test. As for 18 bar its not that hard with a rothenburger its the filling before thats the worst from 3 up to 18 bar would literally be one or two at the most pumps on a house size system id say.

Thought i was rite about that, i remember at the time being a bit scepticle about pumping to 18 bar. Air will release 7 times quicker than water i seem to remember so i wouldnt use air over 1/2 bar to test. As for 18 bar its not that hard with a rothenburger its the filling before thats the worst from 3 up to 18 bar would literally be one or two at the most pumps on a house size system id say.

3 to 18 bar one or two pumps, more like 200 and two more buckets of water.
Got to 18 bar on hep couple weeks ago and after 5 mins a 10mm pipe split!
Week before another trade person accidentally trod on a pipe at 18 bar and it sheared at the fitting. Must have jumped out of his skin lol

HI GUYS ITS HURDY:sorcerer: AS A CONSTANT USER OF HEP AND BARRIER I WOULD NOT FEEL SAFE NOT USING INSERTS,IT WOULD KEEP ME AWAKE AT NIGHT KNOWING I HAD NOT INSTALED THEM,SO I FEEL IT IS A MUST.REMEMBER THE PLUMBING GODS ARE WATCHING.HA HA SEE YUO SOON:wazzzup:

I never used to bother and have never had a pipe blow off. But nowadays I'm less of a cheapskate so always use them, just in case :28:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hep2o pipe inserts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back