Currently reading:
HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
ultimately the responsibility is with the landlord but shouldn't the letting agencies be doing checks ?

Wow, this thread has grown since I was last here.

There is an amazing amount of crap work out there it seems!! LOL.

Great Thread just read all the way through.

I'm sure I have got a couple of pics somewhere I will try and dig them out!

No Tamz this was in kit unit only accessible from inside, she had a new kitchen fitted and they adjusted pipe work. Funny thing is its been serviced and not picked up :-@

dave1 what has been serviced ???

looks like kitchen fitters job as meter was on there way, they turned it round so it fits perfectly in

so you are saying that even it was connected flow to the rhs it still worked and did read gas flow through the meter ???
sorry i am confused a bit

It would pass gas but wouldn't record it. Obviously whoever did the landlord checks before never looked at it.

Lovely. Loving the old hep

just a little job i've been on today correcting a warm front hashup. IMG_0647a.jpgIMG_0652a.jpgIMG_0654a.jpgIMG_0656a.jpgIMG_0660a.jpg the cwst was supported on two pieces of old conti board which was hanging on by it's fingers at one end. the over flow was an old washing machine feed hose threaded into the old steel overflow from the old steel tank. apparently it's been like this for 7 years. it was only found because the people went away for a few days and they came back to a flooded house! they called out an emergency plumber and it was discovered that there was no washer in the ballcock. while they were there, they were using the hot water so had no problem, but when they went away of course they were not using any so what with the woefull overflow the tank overflowed.

What's wrong with that then? As long as the MIs allow the flue to extend out far enough there's not an issue. It's entirely possible that the roof is too steep to use a vertical flue.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337275903.859743.jpg

Fairly certain nearly every clearance possible has not been maintained. In addition there is only a foot head between the pump in the loft and the f&e tank which pumps over all the time when hot water is on by itself, water quality is very poor (unsurprisingly)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337427536.724441.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337427555.800603.jpg

I don't know why I've used Pipe cement all these years parcel tape seems to be acceptable, also will save a fortune in clips if you only tie pipe up with string (other end of cellar)

Heres another I found today...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337886635.749291.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337886577.352997.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337886577.352997.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 502
It took me a minute to see the flue there, at least you don't need and inspection hatches to check the joints :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back