Currently reading:
HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
Went to look at replacing a twin pump head. 415 supply rubbed by gas supply in new build. Sheath 50% warn through.

Wrong test nipple in meter

3udesuru.jpg

ny2e5u7a.jpg

Yes madam I need to tomo be the fly screen from your vent that has been there for 17 years....and no madam this little hole is not enough ventilation for your back boiler!!
But its been ok for the last 25 years and now you telling me its wrong.

View attachment 16641View attachment 16642

how many of you would service this? Ideal Concord installed in 1977, been there 3 hours today, cleaned all, plus replaced case seal and pump, but not giving it much longer. Looked like chimney sweep afterwards, bloody thing

Ah, memories! Had two floor standing unit heaters in a factory unit once, place had been empty for some years and new occupiers had got units running but were complaining about smells. Didn't know when they'd last been serviced either (reckon they'd just gone in and switched them on). Turns out chimney terminal had gone from one and heat exchanger had rotted out so fumes were going straight back into the unit. Shut it off and cleaned up the other one and sorted it out but it was on borrowed time!

With all the room available why put it over the lid that I need to remove? Not to mention using an olive compression fitting on white waste overflow pipe.

fused spur.jpg

That's ruff as...
Is it a 22mm fitting loosely fitted onto 21.5mm pipe?.

Al
He used brass 22mm compression fitting on 21.5mm plastic which goes up in to loft and is full of water, then added the drain off right next door to the fused spur.

More worrying parallel thread on ballafix on to parallel iron fitting, or is it just the ballafix, or is it a candidate for hall of shame and RIDDOR reportable offence, what ever.

Ingenious use of an old boiler flue to run an extractor fan. Approx 4 metres straight up to peak of roof. Funnily enough it doesn't work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 276
Same roof they have re routed the soil pipe by means of a dryer hose around some botched loft flooring. Very little to support it and they can't understand why the flashings moved and they now have a serious leak. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 274
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock