Currently reading:
Green Deal Installers

Discuss Green Deal Installers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

allright guys is anyone a green deal installer anyone gave it any thoughts, was thinking about it but not sure if it is worth it,

Steven

The whole renewable scene at the moment seems a rip off! The government has delayed the RHI incentive again till next year, so all the installers who have heavily invested in training & all the other hoops you have to jump through are well peed off!

i don't get any requests for this renewable harp so am staying out of it! I can't see the payback for a 1 man band like me...

yip looked at it for few hours today. rip off just means customer will no longer get £400 for boiler trade in

Green Deal, Renewable Heat Incentive, MCS, it's all too complicated! It's never gonna take off when installers need to invest thousands once again proving there competent to fit appliances! Its all a big scam, more money to training centres , with the hope of a mass of work!

Its like the donkey & the carrot technique... This donkey ain't interested in that dodgy lookin carrot!

It's interesting that there was over 5000 MCS registered business during 2012!, but today only slightly over 4000! People are actually leaving the scheme, because there is no back up from the governments incentives, hence no customers are asking for it either!

For installers or homeowners?
Both

It is not something we are thinking about.

Read interesting letter in one of trade mags saying that customers would almost definitely be better off finding their own private loan instead of the government finance on offer.

Just google green deal and you will see that most money saving sites advise the green deal is a waste of money for home owners

sounds like another scam to squeeze engineers out of more money. if they really wanted to push renewable energy they should be handing out training for free

What installer costs?

The homes are assessed by a green deal surveyor. You need gas safe, vehicle, pl insurance to 2mil, own fga and tools. Same as you would to install any boiler.

I signed up for it, am awaiting the first jobs through. Any which arent a straight swap you quote for any additional works.

You get paid per boiler depending on size of house.

Is it value for the homeowner i dont think so as the savings for a condesning boiler are escalated in my opinion but they get a new boiler and dont feel the pain of paying thousands up front.

As an installer they are claiming its guaranteed work for 3 yrs making 250 to 300 a day 5 days a week... Yeah i could make more doing it myself but i certainly couldnt guarantee to be working 5days.

Sounds to me like everyone is dismissing the scheme. What everyone says is very much correct, you are however missing the point that this scheme is particularly targeted for the authorised businesses to document their business activity to the nth degree, it's more of a snooping attempt by the government than any thing else. Nice try Mr Osborne but we ain't buying it!

These cynical posts inspire me, as I though I was one of the few who were skeptical about renewables. Perhaps it stems from serving my time with an old school plumber who once told me whilst we were installing a solar thermal system.
"These poor arseholes are never going to make their money back on these panels, they would have been better off with just a new boiler"

It takes around 6 years for solar panels to become carbon neutral, and a **** sight longer to pay for themselves over 50 years on average... what a joke.

The core problem is that the entire green movement is nothing more than a money making lie propergated by the powers that be. Ever wondered why they won't publicise the facts? global warming ceased 16 years ago & there's no hard evidence that humans affect "climate change"

Ever watched ''The great global warming swindle'' ? it aired once on channel four and was pulled by ofcom.

So they can stick their MCS & Green deal where the sun don't shine.

solar water heating works for me, but the rest once all the subsidies are removed just arent viable at present. wind turbines down my way are massive but they are looking to install smaller generators as the subsidies are better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As with the Eaga/Warmfront/Iguana/Carrillion jokers, the cream will be taken by a select few (BG, Tesco etc) leaving us wee men the scraps, then they will wonder why the quality of installations goes downhill, on the plus side, we can replace the new boilers in a year or two as happened with the Eaga ones :)

How long does it take for a gas boiler to become carbon neutral and to pay for itself? solar thermal is just another form of heating why do people harp on about payback times when it comes to renewables but never mention payback for conventional boilers your average condensing boiler is sh-agged after ten years whereas solar panels should last at least three times that

heating by quango, jobs for the boys and good sound bites sums it all up the biggest earner will be those running the scheemesif they were serious about it they would zero rate all new condensing boiler instals

Ive just had my operating system through for the green deal there are a load of forms reports etc to fill in, and i agree that its another way for the government to ensure we are all paying our dues and not avoiding paying tax. However as has been said there seems to be a fair amount of work out there on this and im keen to secure ongoing work. Im not so keen on someone other than Gas Safe inspecting my work to ensure im competent and charging me £500 for the priveledge, and I feel Gas Safe could have done alot more to make becoming accredited for the green deal easier.

Seems the providers are all working differently, i have had all the paperwork through and done some initial boiler assessments.

I have been informed that the possiblility exists that a rep for the provider i will be subbing too may come and inspect my work, but no fee for this has been mentioned.

Look at a company called greener marketing solutions. The assessments are done by the correctly qualified green assessor, the gas boys just go see whats needed and do the boiler installs.

As i said i am waiting for my 1st installs was hoping for them this week... Be working in some ****holes like, think it will paper overalls and dust mask :)

Look at a company called greener marketing solutions. The assessments are done by the correctly qualified green assessor, the gas boys just go see whats needed and do the boiler installs.

As i said i am waiting for my 1st installs was hoping for them this week... Be working in some ****holes like, think it will paper overalls and dust mask :)

So H/A's then??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green Deal Installers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock