Discuss Got a guy coming round tomorrow to check a job, but his company have been on Watchdog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sportyruss

Apparently his company were on 'Watchdog' last year charging excessive prices for comparatively easy jobs. Shall I trust him or shall I cancel. It's got me worried now. They told me there was a £67.50 call out charge for the first half hour, but their advert says no call out charge! Any advice would be great.

Oh, it's to look at replacing a leaking immersion heater.

Re: Got a guy coming round tomorrow to check a job, but his company have been on Watc

Where did you first hear about his 'company' before you heard about it being on Watchdog?

It is a good rule of thumb to get 'recommendations' or previous customer reviews to see what the trademan is like!

Where did you hear about them appearing on Watchdog? Was it a reliable source or the grape vine?

Re: Got a guy coming round tomorrow to check a job, but his company have been on Watc

Christ use some common sense mate, the guys been on watch dog for massively over charging and your considering having him round? Give a decent honest plumber a bell or put your details on the looking for plumber section on here.

Where did you first hear about his 'company' before you heard about it being on Watchdog?

It is a good rule of thumb to get 'recommendations' or previous customer reviews to see what the trademan is like!

Where did you hear about them appearing on Watchdog? Was it a reliable source or the grape vine?

The company are in the 'Thompson Local', so I just put the name in an internet search and the first thing that came up was the 'Watchdog' article. The guy works for them, so he's not the actual person the complaint was about, just the company.

Leave the key under the mat and leave them to it while you go and do you christmas shopping, after all they sound like a trustworthy bunch.

if you dont know anyone to reccomend a plumber id get the local paper out and ring round for some prices already this company has decieved you use your common sense
even if companies advertise no call out charge they are entitled to charge an hourly rate once they come to you £135 an hour is more than the leading london company pimlico plumbers will charge you where abouts are you someone here might be able to help

If you you want a infamous plumber off the telly then knock yourself out. Otherwise go for a good local plumber

if you dont know anyone to reccomend a plumber id get the local paper out and ring round for some prices already this company has decieved you use your common sense
even if companies advertise no call out charge they are entitled to charge an hourly rate once they come to you £135 an hour is more than the leading london company pimlico plumbers will charge you where abouts are you someone here might be able to help

I'm in Southampton

omg!!!!!!!!!!! please be in devon and I'll pop one in for a very reasonable £500

Like I say, recommendations would have been the better route to take. Asking around work colleagues, members of your family, neighbours etc if they have had any plumbing work done & who they used!

I appreciate this doesn't help you at this point but for future reference & possibly saving you money/time/headache ask about!

If you think you may have trouble then only you can decide what to do!

I think I'm going to phone him in the morning and cancel.

some reputable guys on here near you

I think I'm going to phone him in the morning and cancel.

Id try and cancel no if you can. If they are dodgy or corrupt or whatever, they'll prob still smack you with a charge for cancelling in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Got a guy coming round tomorrow to check a job, but his company have been on Watchdog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock