Currently reading:
Good Head Torch

Discuss Good Head Torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some excellent ones . Had two that lasted a year of abuse. One top tip would not to put them in tool bag! Hang mine on gear lever in transit .

Bought this monster and it's blinding. Lasts about 4 hrs .
http://bit.ly/1ffdSNF

Primus PrimeLite Race headtorch - Volunteer tester | Accessories | Live For The Outdoors

That's the review of the current head torch. RRP of £50. Cost me a tenner from TKMAX, it is a beast.

I also have one of these:
Toolstation > Lighting > Torches > LED - Lites Head Torch

Which is well made but not bright enough.

I have got through about five of these, but they are good for the money:

Energizer Headlight LED Torch | Hand Tools | ASDA direct

Really bright.

I seem to live my working life wearing a head torch.

there is no such thing as a good head torch.
Buy two cheap ones and replace any that fall along the way

Black diamond and petz have some really good ones used to use them on night shift and when rowing ( yes it gets dark on the Tyne at 4 in the winter )

I use an LED Lenser, its dimmable and focusable. Just shy of £30 in Maplin's about a year ago.

Used to have the lensor ones but wires kept breaking off the power pack. Just like rottenburger one

I have the Lenser H7 head torch & it is like a full power hand torch & fully dims/focuses.
Trouble is it was £40 complete with free small Lenser torch.
The Lighthouse 3watt in the OP seems really good (can test it in the packet) & I bought one for £10 for a friend few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I got one of these seems pretty good although it's the 1st head torch I've used so have little to compare it too
Super bright CREE LED from Selco I don't seem to be able to post a direct link to the product

Ive had the £6 Energizer now for about three months, has made my three LED lenser torches redundant, only complaint is the switch is a bit easy to operate and often find it switched on after i've chucked it back in my bag!

I prefer to keep it traditional with a bit carbide bootleg_miner_helmet_on_his_head._schuylkill_county_pennsylvania._1938-1939.jpg

Petzl pixa 3. I used to break so many head torchs till I got this. Solid and water proof, all in one unit with no wires to wear and break. Gotta pixa 1 too but not too bright, although its still good, jus pay £20 more and get the 3. I aldo just fitted led lights in my van. I cant tell ya how much better it is, you just need to get them.

+1 for Lenser, got mine a couple of weeks back at BSS Lewis for £23.

I feel like I'm missing out! I did get spare batts though.
Ive had the £5 ones and I think their a false economy, they last about 5mins in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Good Head Torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock