Discuss Glowworm ultimate 40ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lambchop

Evening everyone

the above boiler goes through the ignition process, sparks but no pilot and main flame. The fans bearings sound rough, if the panel of combustion chamber is taken off, it works. I have tried to search the forum but for some reason it doesn't work so apologies if repeat post. I'm thinking that fan Is strong enough to activate aps so sparking commences and the fan is on the way out or have I got my sequence wrong and sparking wil still occur with a duff aps. This is all the info I've got as a guy in the merchants asked my opinion..... Silly man lol

You have your sequence right.
If aps does not make then it shouldn't start to spark

check pilot for blockage take off and clean and check ign probe for shorting

That's what I thought but tried to do some research to put my mind at rest and computer is playing up, Venturi and spark lead arching previous people have posted, hopefully bump into him again as I want to know the answer

I didn't think of these things when having a chat, thought noisy fan, bearings gone, makes aps, sparking but didn't think about blockage

Thanks Buckley plumb, can't give you a thank you credit as not working on screen, cheers. Will do if I can later mate

these boilers do have fault lights on the pcb for basic fault finding

I'm aware of the four LEDs on the board and haven't got the guys number so can only presume he is to, checked the m.i's online and there is a sequence that indicates an aps fault and also another light sequence indicating a harness fault.

I dont always ways take the m.i. Fault finder as gospel as a ferroli dhw fault indicated that it was high limit stat when it was a dhw flow ntc thermistor that had 180 ohms resistance at 25degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm ultimate 40ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock