Currently reading:
Glow-worm Energysaver Combi 2-100

Discuss Glow-worm Energysaver Combi 2-100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys?

Any of you experienced with the above boiler?

I went to service the boiler and discovered that there was a hole in the back of the heat exchanger and it had melted the all the insulation around the store. One of my colleagues went back and replaced heat exchanger and the store. Managed to get some water on the pcb, which blew, so he also replaced that.

Ever since then the customer has been saying that it keeps going off and he has to reset it, but only happens every few days.

He said there was a spanner symbol showing on the chronotherm, glow-worm didnt really know anything about it as it was apparently made by honeywell and just rebranded as glow-worm. But the MI's said that if the spanner shows, there's a short in the unit or wiring, so replaced that with a honeywell cm907.

The customer says that it goes off and the numbers on the screen keep changing and he has to reset it a few times. According to the MI's, the numbers represent temperature x10 (so 5 would be 50 degrees). So a pump has also been replaced in case it's sticking and overheating and unable to reset until it's cooled down. But this also hasn't solved the problem.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

ps, I know it would have been a lot cheaper to replace the boiler, but he's got heating cover with us so we just replace parts and he doesn't want a new boiler.

Sorry, could you move this to gas engineer forum, didn't realise I'd posted it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow-worm Energysaver Combi 2-100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock