Currently reading:
generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!!

Discuss generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi Dear members ,

I have a idea ,why dont the moderators crater some sort of page where potential customers to list a jobs they want done and all members from here by listing there location can go and visit jobs and take it on if customers agree on price , plus they can leave feed back for all of our services !

And after we get going we can sponsor the forum and get better and better

Please speak your mined and give ideas , I am starting my first job which I got from here
full install (boiler ,unvented , and 13 rads + first fix on bathroom and 2 showers )

will be nice to catch the POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY VISIT HERE !

I think we've 3 volunteers to run it , suppose it's down to admin now of where to put it within the forums

Agreed.

The tilers one looks good, difficult to put it in the arms as only members have access so the custs can't post in there.

but how can we secure it that we will get it going and others will be benefited and take the leads to the jobs !!!

am i thinking wrong ???

can it be then customers to list the jobs but there will be another form to fill as not to have there details shown in to the public ! and then the lads who will be looking after the thread just sent details to whoever is near the job but if none available then can go to Mr. Jo Public

i was thinkning the cust to fill out the form send it onto us 3 , first to pick it up send it onto the nearest chap/chic then its not a public listing for othere to just start PMing the cust direct

can it be then customers to list the jobs but there will be another form to fill as not to have there details shown in to the public ! and then the lads who will be looking after the thread just sent details to whoever is near the job but if none available then can go to Mr. Jo Public

I thought as soon as its posted anybody can pm them. But if the custs have anything about them they will check the forum to check out the people contacting them. Like I posted earlier I don't think it will be perfect from day 1, but need to start somewhere.

i recon that might put custards off if they list it and 15 of us start PMing them quotes back. i recon too that memebers have to be registered for that section other wise we will end up with cowboy bob just joining up to get jobs

how about whoever responds clicks like on the post then we know the job has been responded to. clicking thanks could signify completion of the job

We need some input from those in the know on how the forum works then. I'm just concerned we over complicate things and that puts people off as well. We need a happy medium. I wouldn't be looking to send a quote just on what was posted, I'd be wanting to look at the job, but again this would be dependant upon the job.

We need some input from those in the know on how the forum works then. I'm just concerned we over complicate things and that puts people off as well. We need a happy medium. I wouldn't be looking to send a quote just on what was posted, I'd be wanting to look at the job, but again this would be dependant upon the job.

i agree, any prices given should be taken as estimates not quotes. just the same as when a customer rings and says how much? you still need to give a general indication of what such a job usually costs

i recon that might put custards off if they list it and 15 of us start PMing them quotes back. i recon too that memebers have to be registered for that section other wise we will end up with cowboy bob just joining up to get jobs

If its got trusted members such as yourself running it then you will only give the details to trusted members which will eliminate cowboys/agencies. They could post the job details on the search for a plumber forum and then you contact them for their address, then pass the details on to the nearest 3 trusted members who can arrange a quote

We'll need a list of all the members who are interested in being part of this, where they are based and how far willing to travel. Also the type of jobs willing to be undertaken. I know I live in the sticks but its gonna be a bit tougher in the bigger cities, if we have 5 or 6 members in the right area do we do it on a rota or to all that apply?

We need to draw up a charter then, not anything flash, just some basic ground rules.

If its got trusted members such as yourself running it then you will only give the details to trusted members which will eliminate cowboys/agencies. They could post the job details on the search for a plumber forum and then you contact them for their address, then pass the details on to the nearest 3 trusted members who can arrange a quote

yeah put theres nothing to stop joe blogs there though just pm ing them for there address , i just think we need more control over it IMHO but im happy to go with the majority ,

yeah put theres nothing to stop joe blogs there though just pm ing them for there address , i just think we need more control over it IMHO but im happy to go with the majority ,

but surely they are posting the job on this forum because they want a trusted plumber so will only take the ones you advise

well if the thread is made a sticky and the first post is from the mods telling potential customers to respond only to pm's from PROFFESSIONAL PLUMBERS' whose names appear in RED on the forum. as non plumbers arms members have not been vetted

but surely they are posting the job on this forum because they want a trusted plumber so will only take the ones you advise

or would they go with the cheapest option from the dog walkers,paperboys mate who did a two week super fast track course ?

or the customer just shows up as anonymous on that part of the forum so they cant be contacted by anybody apart from the people running it

thats a good idea kay-jay we need some way to sort the wheat form the chaff so to speak. not that i'm saying anyone on here is necessarily chaff or indeed wheat lol.

well if the thread is made a sticky and the first post is from the mods telling potential customers to respond only to pm's from PROFFESSIONAL PLUMBERS' whose names appear in RED on the forum. as non plumbers arms members have not been vetted

never noticed the red thing till now lol

like av said im happy either way so long as were all in agreement

Very good point, the fact they have posted on here would mean they are wanting to remove the element of 'pot luck' and take the recommendations on board. The biggest comment I come across is that 'I'm new to the area and don't know who to use'. I'm doing one job at the minute where she wanted an electrical check and the full house decorating but didn't know who to use. Gave her the numbers of two good lads and hey presto they're in doing the work.

How are we going to handle complaints? and I'm thinking along the lines of the cust that won't ever be happy!

or would they go with the cheapest option from the dog walkers,paperboys mate who did a two week super fast track course ?

haha i would like to think not, i dont think the majority of people would, even if they did they would be back for a repair :smiley2:

complaints ? more like thank you presents , we just put some sort of disclaimer togther stating its between them and the engineer were just introducing the 2

complaints ? more like thank you presents , we just put some sort of disclaimer togther stating its between them and the engineer were just introducing the 2

I was thinking more along the lines about the cust that would whinge for england if somebody turned up two minutes late. But yes, nice disclaimer would cover it.

I suppose this could also be a good way to warn tradesmen of rogue customers i.e. bad payers and the like. Say if someone does a job for Mr Smith in Doncaster and gets ripped off, he goes on a blacklist and we can check on the list before responding to any jobs. We could incorporate the tilers and sparkies forums and the other ones so everyone is less likely to get goosed!

good ideas lads keep em comming your ideas are being noted.

proof of qualifications and p.l insurance and a minimum posting level (say a 1000) i think will be essential imo.

what! not got a 1000 yet?. get posting then.lol.

Well, by the time Ive got a 1000 posts the system should be well up and running with all the problems ironed out. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to generate work FROM THE FORUM !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Replies
Views
ShowerSmellProblems
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock