Currently reading:
Gas hob isolation

Discuss Gas hob isolation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neily01

Today I have been first fixing a kitchen out hot colds and a hob supply. As usual it's a tiny kitchen with multiple appliances pull out wine rack etc, we always put the hob isolation in cupboard next to it but there is not an available cupboard anywhere near it. So my question is can the isolation be placed behind the oven now adays like the thousands of others out there? Or is it not really the done thing anymore? Don't know of a reason why it can't, not how we would usually do it but not a lot of choice this time. Look forward to your comments.

put it under oven cupboard so u can access via kick board is easiest option and what i tend to do.

Don't know if it is considered very accessible if you need a screwdriver to pull the oven out first. So under the plinth seems the way forward!

i have done behide the oven, and i have had a gsr check and they were ok with it

BS6172 state that an isolation vale is required, it does not say where it has to be located.

Chances are that no one would look under the plinth UNTILL THEY HAD REMOVED THE OVEN

Last edited:
Common sense should be used.

Had a situation where one of the operatives, had to remove the oven to isolate the hob, ended up ripping his back and shattering the glass on the oven door.

Common sense should be used.

Had a situation where one of the operatives, had to remove the oven to isolate the hob, ended up ripping his back and shattering the glass on the oven door.

why I avoid putting them there, dont like lifting and assing about, but having said that you still have to pull the wretched oven out to replace a hob most times

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas hob isolation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock