Discuss Gas explosion in Manchester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as it came through I have to admit I checked my diary to see if i'd been anywhere near. Perhaps it may promote the facgt that GSR engineers should be used and checks must be done!

Heard this earlier said one critical in hospital sadly turned into a death.rip

apparently there was a smell of gas for a while

I condemned a fire last week because the gas valve was letting by, after the switching it off the old man said " I've been able to smell gas for a long time never did any harm till you come along" I **** you not!

Ashfaq Hussein, whose father is the landlord of the house where the explosion took place, said: "We are absolutely shocked."

From my experience of rented houses not too far from this area, I'll wager the gas had been sorted by a 'mate' and there's never been a landlords safety check done. If that's the case I hope the landlord gets time for manslaughter.

Ashfaq Hussein, whose father is the landlord of the house where the explosion took place, said: "We are absolutely shocked."

From my experience of rented houses not too far from this area, I'll wager the gas had been sorted by a 'mate' and there's never been a landlords safety check done. If that's the case I hope the landlord gets time for manslaughter.

I hope so too

Rest assured lads, if there's a recent GSR completion report or a recent Landlords Certificate covering the property they (the insurance company) will come down on the operative like a ton of bricks. If they (Mr Plod) find that copper/lead gas piping has been removed by a criminal and sold to a local scrapyard they (Mr Plod) won't bother because they don't want to be accused of violating the criminal's human right to ply his criminal activity without let or hindrance from the forces of law and order - ESPECIALLY if he is not a UK citizen.

Rest assured lads, if there's a recent GSR completion report or a recent Landlords Certificate covering the property they (the insurance company) will come down on the operative like a ton of bricks. If they (Mr Plod) find that copper/lead gas piping has been removed by a criminal and sold to a local scrapyard they (Mr Plod) won't bother because they don't want to be accused of violating the criminal's human right to ply his criminal activity without let or hindrance from the forces of law and order - ESPECIALLY if he is not a UK citizen.

Do I detect a hint of cynicism in this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas explosion in Manchester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock