Discuss gas companies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Have been reading through some of the threads recently regarding BG and alot on here moaning how bad they are to work for .Having interest in the possibility working for them as a subbie i am wondering if they are as bad as eaga heat ?? Basically problems i personally had with eaga was , bad management , materials would never turn up for the job or if they did there would never be enough, bad surveys usually resulting in more unnecessary work or wrong rad sizing. Major problems with payment when invoicing them, no info on wether they would have work for you each week and many other little niggly bits . My question are british gas pretty much the same shower as eaga?

I sub to BG and find it fine, its a bit slow getting paid at first as you don't get your work on the laptop but now I am on the laptop I get paid fine (2 weeks in arrears). My mate subbed to EAGA and I heard the same horror stories as you have mentioned.

PM me if you want more info

Tom

I sub to BG up in Scotland. Things are beginning to change up here, Ive been sent to Aberdeen to do work, If you refuse then they "cant guarantee you will get anymore work". They are basically holding us to ransom, no overnight expenses either, they pay for the digs but nothing else. I reckon this will be the last time I'm up here as I'm getting really annoyed with them tbh. The last straw was getting a ring control at 3pm yesterday only to find they had no more for me!. ok..... Im going to lie in a darkened room now....

I sub to BG up in Scotland. Things are beginning to change up here, Ive been sent to Aberdeen to do work, If you refuse then they "cant guarantee you will get anymore work". They are basically holding us to ransom, no overnight expenses either, they pay for the digs but nothing else. I reckon this will be the last time I'm up here as I'm getting really annoyed with them tbh. The last straw was getting a ring control at 3pm yesterday only to find they had no more for me!. ok..... Im going to lie in a darkened room now....

What does that ring control message mean??? I had it the other day I assumed it was cause my laptop was not sending properly as i was in a poor reception area

It means they have no more work sitting hard-pinned to you, so you need to Ring control / Dispatch to get more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas companies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock