Currently reading:
Flues

Discuss Flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

It's no wonder people get flues wrong at times just looked at vailant flue guide and it shows dimension p 600 from another terminal and pic shows 600 from chimney - a chimney is open flue so should be 1200 away seen 6 council houses done to 600 mm this wk

the vaillant mi's say N/A as a measurement from a vertical structure as well. I got them to email me a very good in depth version of the flue clearances for there range..It's nothing like the one in the distructions though.

ooh forgot to say 600mm is the standard from a chimney stack for all new boilers. suppose the thinking is its never going to be on the ridge side by side so a bit further down the roof it won't breath the open flued products + you've usually got wind up there.thats the way i reckon but maybe wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh forgot to say 600mm is the standard from a chimney stack for all new boilers. suppose the thinking is its never going to be on the ridge side by side so a bit further down the roof it won't breath the open flued products + you've usually got wind up there.thats the way i reckon but maybe wrong?
you could be right but most open flues say 1200. just looked at manual for Worcester compact and that's 500 to structure / 600 to room sealed flue and 1500 to open flue are other manufacturers not putting the info on or is 600 ok ?

MI is based on BS in this country. and rs vertical flues have been 600mm from stacks for a long time.Tbh the MI over british standards is my biggest bug bear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the heirachy of the various, acts, statutes and documents dont know if it will show up ok on here

a7eqese3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back